Logic X + Pro Tools vs Logic X only

kingmars

Simple Question with 2 parts.

Should i Use Logic X for all my production and then export to pro tools for recording/mixing? or Do it all in Logic?

and In the even that I do use pro tools when is the time to move the project over? because as i create i tend to mix it anyways

Thanks in Advance

Long time Logic user here. I would say move it over when you have bounced as much as possible to audio tracks (soft synths etc..). PT shines when it comes to audio editing. Logic really shines with soft synths etc..
That being said; I use Logic X for all my writing, arrangement and mixing. Mainly because I know it well and do not know Pro Tools well enough.

Do you have a good setup on both DAWs? In the way that you have all plugins installed, everything is working fine and you know how to mix with both DAWs fairly well?

That will be an important aspect.

Last edited:
Do you have a good setup on both DAWs? In the way that you have all plugins installed, everything is working fine and you know how to mix with both DAWs fairly well?

That will be an important aspect.

Yeah I have pro tools working 100%. I learned logic before pro tools so i know it about 10/15% more but i know most of pro tools from experience working with it in studios

Back