Logic Pro X or Reason 8 Upgrade?

IAMGOD_OFFICIAL

#ROKBOXFOREVER #IAMGOD
Ive been Using Reason since 2.0 now Im using Reason 7.
I love using it mainly for the SSL mixing board. The main DAW I use is Maschine 2.0 and then I port my tracks over to Reason so I can use the SSL to mix everything down.

The other day I had a conversation with a guy who is really high in the music industry but he's not a producer. He's more or less a person who has been in studio sessions with a lot of well known producers. He was trying to get me to switch from Reason over to Logic stating that Logic has a better sound than Reason, and its more "industry standard".

My argument is, if you're good at what you do I can make my songs sound better if not as good as songs do in Logic, using Reason. His argument was that whatever I do in Reason it could never sound better than if I did the same mix down in Logic.

So my question to those that have used both programs, does Logic actually have a better sound to it? Also are there any advantages that Logic has over Reason other than it being "the industry standard"?

Thanks for the info....

It's really a question of whether you believe in heaven and hell or reincarnation. You have different tools in either program, I think the "quality" of the sound between one daw and another has more to do with the fact that you might think differently about the music and how you produce depending on what you are looking at rather than any substantial physical differences in the machinery.

But then again, what do I know.

FL vs Reason, Cubase vs Protools, Autobot vs Decepticons...c'mon...lol
Ironically, ProTools was considered the "industry standard" for the last 2 decades, now people are abandoning it.

I don't own logic or Reason, but I have used both on several occasions. Apart from workflow, there is no real difference once you get familiar with each.

The truth is, all modern DAWs are capable of giving you that 'professional' sound.

Like many Reason users your loyalty to the company speaks volumes about the software they provide. I've never used logic, like yourself work in maschine 2.0 a fair bit but bounce things across to Ableton. I would watch a few youtube posts on logic functionality and try to uncover what extras the Daw has to offer. Learning a new DAW can help increase your understanding alternative methods of producing music, but in your case, that may depend on how much of your work will continue to rely on Maschine. Industry standard becomes less applicable with the passing of each generation of DAW. If price isn't an issue, why not Pro-tools over Logic? do some more research before you buy, one persons opinion about better audio and claims about industry standards shouldn't be your main influencing factor.

Back