Logic Pro 9 or Logic Pro X?

I like logic 9 it just feels more stable to me and I'm used to the interface I have both and if I where you I'd get it and slowly learn it and get used to the interface because I think in a couple more updates we won't be able to use logic 9 :-(

I still use Logic 9 because I know how it works and am familliar with most of the important hot keys. So far I did not really see a lot of extra benefits to make the switch to LPX. There are some cool features but I know I'll barely use those. As long as you are happy with 9 and don't really want the new features in LPX then just stick to 9, switching will only have a negative impact on your workflow. Some of the new features are also available in 3rd party plugins that cost way less then LPX.

I use Logic 9 and judging the new features on Logic X I don't think I'm going to be moving soon. I don't think the change would payoff. But that's because I've never been too hot on updating software just because.

logic 9 is still the winner imo. logic x looks great but lack a lot of great plugins that aren't 64 bit yet. but it all depends on how you use it anyways.

I think Pro X , Logic Pro 9 was a boon for guitar players in that it included stompbox, amp, and speaker effects. With Logic Pro X, Apple turns to bass players and drummers. Bass players will be happy to know that they can now build their own rigs as well.

This is just my personal opinion, but I prefer Logic Pro 9. I have both, and work the majority of the time in LP9. Having said that, I know that much of the reason is due to the fact that I'm familiar with LP9 and I felt that LPX seemed a bit "clunky" to me. It didn't respond to my touch/commands in the way LP9 does.

Truthfully the differences are negligible, but I liked LP9 fwiw. Save your money unless you feel compelled to update!

Back