Komplete 9 crossgrade

Reddux

Hello,
I have been wanting to purchase Komplete 9. Now that the crossgrade to Komplete 9 is only $200, I was thinking about buying it. I don't own any Native Instrument products so I am not eligible for the crossgrade. I was planning on buying it but not registering it until I have an eligible product registered. Do you think this is a wise investment?

Thanks in advance.

you cannot do it that way - i.e. unless you know someone who does not follow NI's selling rules you must own an eligible product to get cross-grade pricing not the other way around

The cheapest way would be to get an older version of Komplete off of an auction site and then upgrade to 9 before the 50% off sale ends at the end of the month.

which means they are not following NI's pricing guidelines - you can only obtain a crossgrade if you already own an eligible product not the other way around - that is how they run it via their on-line sales, and I would figure that similar requirements are in place for retailers/wholesalers - it is certainly true in Australia

which means they are not following NI's pricing guidelines - you can only obtain a crossgrade if you already own an eligible product not the other way around - that is how they run it via their on-line sales, and I would figure that similar requirements are in place for retailers/wholesalers - it is certainly true in Australia

you can buy the boxed version all day long but you cant register it without an eligible product in your profile

I'm fairly certain all of the cross grades, upgrades, and full versions are the exact same box and set of discs. It's all about the registration codes that they have on a little sticker inside the box. I think the auction idea sounds like your best bet if you want to avoid buying the whole product...

you can buy the boxed version all day long but you cant register it without an eligible product in your profile
This, same type of deal as the student edition of any software. You can buy it all day, doesn't mean they're gonna let you use it.

No companies gonna say no to a sale, its not their fault if you're trying to scam the system and end up losing money on it.

Last edited:

again where you live the rules may be different but where I live I cannot walk into a music store and buy the crossgrade without proving that I have an eligible product - they are the rules laid down by Yamaha Australia and NI jointly to avoid just the situation you describe and subsequent potential lawsuits.

Go to NI's on-line store and you cannot buy anything without logging in meaning that they know what you own and will allow you to access only certain pricing options

Asfor on-line auctions yes, but sometimes you will be paying a very different pricing structure to NI's and may not be able to register, particularly if they deem the product to be sold by an unauthorised reseller - caveat emptor (buyer beware)

again where you live the rules may be different but where I live I cannot walk into a music store and buy the crossgrade without proving that I have an eligible product - they are the rules laid down by Yamaha Australia and NI jointly to avoid just the situation you describe and subsequent potential lawsuits.

Go to NI's on-line store and you cannot buy anything without logging in meaning that they know what you own and will allow you to access only certain pricing options

Asfor on-line auctions yes, but sometimes you will be paying a very different pricing structure to NI's and may not be able to register, particularly if they deem the product to be sold by an unauthorised reseller - caveat emptor (buyer beware)

Thats what I assumed at first about here, when I went to go get my SE of PT I took my student ID and everything expecting to need it. But he was just like, "Nope, doesn't matter you just do all that stuff online. It's useless if you cant" I have no idea how cross grade works tho I was just talking about SE software. They don't make ya prove anything here for that.

Last edited:
here they do make you prove your bona-fides before selling you the stuff - it is the rules imposed by the distributors - had to produce genuine student id before he would even get out of his chair to get the SE edition of protools for my son (and it had to be his id not mine), which is ne of the two reasons I took him with me to get it (the other was his monitors and sub and interface weighed significantly more than 1 person could carry on a train)

so it is always good to remember that even though the registration process stops you from continuing with certain purchases, in some countries they enforce the/register eligibility requirements before selling - in some countries it is an offense to knowingly sell a customer something which they can not use

Back