I hear so many clean beats outta FL

S

StylesAndFlavor

Just browsing through youtube there is beats on top of beats and producers on top of producers making dope beats that just sound clean as a mug and they are always using the fruit loops. My biggest influence is Harry Fraud(I know he doesnt use FL) and see that style of beats coming out of FL all the time. Is it just that fruity magic

All DAWs essentially accomplish the same thing in different ways. Its the mind using the tool that makes it sound good=]

Fruity Loops is fun to use though. My fav step sequencer. My Biggest gripe with it is that you have to assign each channel of audio to the mixer manually.

Last edited:
Lol it doesnt matter if you have FL, Reason or whatever software! what matters is the wav samples, Vsts and the Sounds you use! Just keep the Grind fam

All DAWs essentially accomplish the same thing in different ways. Its the mind using the tool that makes it sound good=]

Fruity Loops is fun to use though. My fav step sequencer. My Biggest gripe with it is that you have to assign each channel of audio to the mixer manually.

Select all channels in the sequencer ---> Go to mixer ---> Under the main drop down, click "Link selected channels starting from this track"

Voila.
:cheers:

in all honestly FL studio is my favorite DAW but it doesn't matter if your using logic, ableton or any other workstation on the market it will all come down to the mixing of the track and the sound selection used for the track :)

It's because FL uses lines that always match the beats. It's like Quantizing all your notes and then resizing them into the scene perfectly.

Kinda annoying to be honest because you can do half notes (I dont think, I use it at a VST rarely for drumloops) and you can't add that your own flavor towards a piano piece.

thats my 2 cents.

It's called a "mix"

I chose to mix with FL Studio. I have mixed with Reason, Ableton, Logic, Reaper, Pro Tools, Studio One, Acid Pro, and they all do the same exact thing. Now making a instrumental... well that's a different story... LOL we all know the case there.

I chose to mix with FL Studio. I have mixed with Reason, Ableton, Logic, Reaper, Pro Tools, Studio One, Acid Pro, and they all do the same exact thing. Now making a instrumental... well that's a different story... LOL we all know the case there.
That is very true, they all do the same thing relatively.

No magic to it, just basic mixing and FL Studio actually makes it pretty easy to get quality results IMO. Also a lot of the basic plugins that come with it, work really well.

It's because FL uses lines that always match the beats. It's like Quantizing all your notes and then resizing them into the scene perfectly.

Kinda annoying to be honest because you can do half notes (I dont think, I use it at a VST rarely for drumloops) and you can't add that your own flavor towards a piano piece.

thats my 2 cents.

If I understand correctly ur concern is that fl studio dehumanizes your beats? The answer is that you do not know how to use it.

The quantizing is a guide, either u use it, or you don't (yes it is optional! like literally, u can remove the snap to grid and move notes in time and not beats. It doesn't have to fit perfectly. Doesn't even have to fit at all)

And not being able to add your own flavor towards piano pieces? Psshhh please. There are beyond countless possibilities of humanizing or crazy electrifying a piano piece in FL Studio from when an individual note hits, its velocity, its panning, mod controls, filters (am still talking about ONE single note and not a chain of automated effects).

So if you DO want to revisit FL Studio to explore it's limitations, it would be great to actually know what the program offers.

To this date I've had so many FL Studio tutorials that I just needed more and I've been looking at production in pro tools and so far the tutorials I get are easily transportable into FL Studio. The only thing I've seen which works better in pro tools is that if you have a drum loop as a wave form, adding compression changes the wave shape in the playlist and fl studio doesn't do that. You will hear it, but not see it. A work around is to use the wave form view in the mixer itself (where u can see the changes).

Jay_

Back