How Can I Make The Last Note Monophonic - FL 11

-/-

SO i have a monophonic synth and I want it to glide from the last note back to the first note at the end of the pattern but that would mean extending the measure from 8 - 9 bars, creating a sequencing nightmare. In Maschine this is doable which I love. Anyone know if you can do this in FL??

This has always remained a mystery to me, which is why i have always made them on an 8 or 16 bar pattern and lower the velocity on the first note so it's less noticeable, also having other things happening musically around it to mask it more, but i would love if someone had a solution

Same here. Sucks because im not going to remake the beat in Maschine just for this reason lol. its wierd that a full fledged daw doesn't support this yet Maschine does

what u could do that i just thought of is solo out the pattern and export it as a wav and resample it in edison

your synth is gliding perfectly throughout the pattern until it loops back to the first bar right? So Export the pattern as a wav, load it into edison, and chop it (highlight a loop) from the start of the glide (not the start of the wav) to the end and make your own loop that way, than incorporate the loop back into your track, now you no longer need that synth vst.

It's Basically sampling yourself...

Last edited:
Wow not to sound like an idiot but that didn't make any sense haha. Even when I play back the loop it would still be heard every time i trigger it right?

ok, lol the same way you were going to extend the 8 bar into the 9th to get the glide effect, do that and export it as wav and then sample it... get it?

and i dont mean extend it once, keep it going. have the synth gliding between notes for like 8 bars so when you bring up the wav in edison you have a nice long wav where u can pretty much pick your loop spot

Man i don't know how how to do it in edison...I guess i'll just remember to loop the final cut as long as i need it when i arrange it

Back