Help on programming this particular sound?

Revolverocelot

Hello, I am new to Future Producers and I just have a few questions. The sounds I would like to replicate are in this song, being around :40 and 1:15 to hear it the clearest. It sounds like more of a bass sound that rises and reminds me personally of like an old ambient VHS sound:

(Please excuse the deer if you find that mildly offensive)

If you have any idea on how to replicate this synthesizer sound please let me know! Knowing effects and plugins that could help me obtain this sound would also help. I'm using Massive and Absynth as main VSTs but I could use another if you know how to program it there.

Last edited by a moderator:
A better question is why would you want to replicate this? Its total rubbish! The standard is really quite low and any composer of film will tell you that. Its just a sound scape string sound with finetune modulation to sound disorientating and awkward with a sitar guitar and some water effects and tuned Asian tin drums. Whoopie shit!

A better question is why would you want to replicate this? Its total rubbish! The standard is really quite low and any composer of film will tell you that. Its just a sound scape string sound with finetune modulation to sound disorientating and awkward with a sitar guitar and some water effects and tuned Asian tin drums. Whoopie shit!
Lol. What a helpful answer.

Would it be possible for you to somehow help me recreate this sound? I'm a total amateur at sound and synthesis, but maybe just a brief time of help? I understand you do not like it personally, but I would really, really appreciate your help if it's at all possible. Thanks.

Back