Future: Ableton Live 9 vs FL Studio 11

Ableton's new features are game changing, the beat to midi, melody to mini, chord sequence to midi and improved automation look unreal - I use ableton anyway but have never been looking forward to any software upgrade so much

Haven't tried FL Studio 11 myself, but have to say I prefer Ableton of the two DAWs. Started out with FL, and just couldn't seem to piece together a whole track. I really love the session view in Ableton as it makes it easier to gameplan before setting up the arrangement. But to each their own of course

Last edited:
I love ableton live session view too and I don't know at all how to make "good" track in FL Studio :D I Can do (Much more) for ableton

---------- Post added at 04:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:45 AM ----------

But ableton eat more ram and If I open vst sometimes whole ableton live stop working? o_O and some my projects, ableton eat about 600mb ram and if ram isn't enough left it stop working?

I love ableton live session view too and I don't know at all how to make "good" track in FL Studio :D I Can do (Much more) for ableton

---------- Post added at 04:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:45 AM ----------

But ableton eat more ram and If I open vst sometimes whole ableton live stop working? o_O and some my projects, ableton eat about 600mb ram and if ram isn't enough left it stop working?

Live 9 will be 64 bit so will be able to utilise an awful lot more ram - might be the answer to your problems... i feel like i'm trying to sell ableton! (it is awesome though)

didn't know that FL Studio 11 was out well time to go upgrade
free upgrade for life is the stuff!!!!!!!!!!!
-Coach Antonio

They both have their pros and cons. I personally am not a big fan of FL Studio at all but I want to like it because free upgrades for life is the shit! Plus I think that FL has one of the best step sequencers available. Live and me just click however. I haven't clicked with a DAW like this since I got my hands on Reason 10 years ago.

---------- Post added at 08:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:23 PM ----------

Reason IOS..........that is the future.
How is it? I assume you mean Figure since that is basically Reason on iOS since the devices are powered by Thor and Kong.

there is no FL Studio 11 just check you can only download 10
but maybe it's on it's way out??????????????

-Coach Antonio

I have Ableton 8 point something..when it comes to controlling a daw via midi, Ableton wins hands down, the possibilities are endless, I've been messing with it a lot more and after djing for over 12 yrs I it's the first daw I'm going to try and incorporate in my live set-up.

Im a little confused here. How do you make a versus thread about Ableton 9 vs FL Studio 11, when FL Studio 11 hasnt even been announced yet? Dudes be making up stuff. SMH....

Ableton's new features are game changing, the beat to midi, melody to mini, chord sequence to midi and improved automation look unreal - I use ableton anyway but have never been looking forward to any software upgrade so much

FL has had these features for years... nothing new here mang.

---------- Post added at 09:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:19 AM ----------

Seriously can you idiots not read? He said FUTURE in the title of this thread.

I believe you are wrong...Ableton 9 is not just beat slicing, slicing now includes recognition of the pitch of audio, including within chords and slicing the actual notes out (i.e slice melody to midi and slice harmony to midi)
And slice beat to midi in ableton is now capable of recognising the kicks snares and hats within audio and mapping all of them to midi.
Would be shocked if FL has had that for years but please provide a link if I'm wrong!!!
Go ableton go :)

---------- Post added at 01:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:27 PM ----------

Last reply aimed was at MrWonderful - I'll be suitably shocked if I'm wrong so please do point me onto some info if I am!

It's out in January (future...) - they've released a preview of the new features though, well worth a look mate

Live 9 all the way. I don't know what you mean about "clearer interface". It's exactly the same except for the updated file browser.

Back