FREE VST Sites

SimonT

Can anyone link me to any free vst sites, that are virus free legitimately free vst download sites.

Trying to get LazySnake, Pancake2 and Alchemy.

Thanks!

Thanks!

When I download a vst, that isn't a .dll file, in this case, it's a Set Up part with a selected set of boxes to click thorugh, when it gets to the final stage of which folder to download it to, the vst folder within FL Studio?

yea just put it in your VST folder that should work then you'll have to add it in FL click Channels > Add one> More.. then refresh and fast scan and it should be in red.

Do yourself a favor and make sub-folders in your vst plugins folder with the developer's name (if you're planning to install more from the same) and the name of the actual plugin, to keep things organized. A lot of VST's wants to put folders and stuff for different presets and what not.. if you just install everything into your vst folder directly I promise you, you will never know what's what once you try and locate some stuff. Maybe not now, but certainly in the future.

Some are in the right folder, but not showing up in the channels, add-one, more etc even after refreshing a couple of times. How come?

Might be that you've installed 32 bit plugins on a 64 bit system or vice versa. In that case you'd need a bridging software like jBridge.

Thanks Wallenguard. I had it in the 32bit vst folder or something like that. Hey presto, it shows up, but now, I keep getting an error message:-

You tried to load an effect plugin into a channel. Load the plugin ???? into a mixer instead.

How do I load it into the mixer? I just double clicked the plug-in from the list in channels, add one, more...

Also, should I just make a folder for now in my vst folder for the downloaded vst's, to keep them tidy, for now?

Last edited:
If the vst came with an installer of sorts I don't think you'll be able to just move the .dll files to another folder like that, if it didn't, it should work like that. I would create a folder inside the vst plugins folder with the appropriate names and then point the installer to it.

I haven't a clue how to load anything into the mixer in FL studio, try the manual or wait for someone who knows to respond. I'd still recommend reading the manual!

sounds like you downloaded a effect. Go to your mixer click on insert 1 and click the down arrow in the effects section on the far right see if it comes up.

Last edited:
kvr audio
gersic
vst warehouse

all good places to get access to free vsts (you need to search but nothing is totally free)

I used to always enjoy looking for things like this on the web... ---->

Top ten best free compressors vst
top ten best free synths

Back