FL Studio sound quality vs Reason/Logic

Natural Beats

The initial non mixed quality of FL studio IMO leaves a little to be desired compared to reason and logic. I feel like the sound is way more centered in FL, and in the others more wide. Like mono vs stereo.

Is there any setting that can adjust this or is it just how FL is.

And this is before mixing anything in each program.

There is absolutely zero difference in sound quality between DAWs. This topic has been beaten to death hundreds of times.

Well make it wider.

[Tip!]
Did you know that with the "Wide Tracks" view selected in FL Studio's mixer, each mixer bus has it's own stereo separation?

It's not a stereo enhancer so you won't suffer from the questionable cone filtering / phasing after effects that you do with enhancers. It simply widens the stereo field (not the sound..unless the sound is already wide, it will sound more spaced out).

Jay_

You can even use them in direct cells for the samples if you allow "legacy fx" to be shown. ^^^Someone knows their FL!!! It's amazing how many people underestimate this feature.

Last edited:
^^^Logic smothers alot of sounds in FX. Similar to plug ins like Nexus and Sampletank. I've always disliked that sound. Easily fixed by turning FX down, just never liked it.

Apparently alot of people do and I'm in the minority, because they won't tweak their FX in the above mentioned if their life depended on it.

Back