Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Is Fl Studio better than Pro Tools 10?

Hitman8429 is offline Hitman
    Thanks

Is Fl Studio better than Pro Tools 10?

Sign in to disable this ad
    I've been using fruity loops for almost 5 years now and I love it. The thing is, I am going to Full Sail now and they require you to use Pro Tools. I was wondering if one is better than the other/ if I'm going to have problems transitioning. Any response and opinion is encouraged. Please let me know what you think!
    LIKE BASS IN YO FACE??
    http://soundcloud.com/hitman8429

Devious G is offline Registered User
    Thanks
    I don't think that either DAW is overall better than the other. However, I know what you mean. That first learning curve when transitioning from one DAW to another can be a little annoying, but you'll figure it out. I recently (just last night) made the transition from FL to Ableton. I'm still having a little trouble adapting, but its coming along.

The biggest thing is understanding where everthing is in the DAW.
    Check me out if you like a variety of electronic music!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/TheDeviousG

epicmusic84 is offline Registered User
    Thanks
    I think devious said it well. its just going to be a transitioning phase you need to go through.

Thanks
    Depends on who you ask. I'd say FL is "arguably" as good/better than Pro Tools and vice versa. That's saying alot for a program(FL) that not too long ago was considered a joke by the majority of the music world. Now...only by an extremely small minority.
    likes this.
    Two things that annoy me are people who are positive out of ignorance, and people who are negative out of bitterness. People who are neither usually get along with me and agree with most of what I say. People who are one of the 2 think I'm the other.
    www.soundclick.com/phukdupbeats
    www.myspace.com/phukdup
    http://twitter.com/PhukdupEnt

Thanks
    Thanks for your responses guys, I'm nervous about switching just because I've come to know FL Studio so well. I just have a hunch that pro tools will not be anywhere near as user friendly as FL. Guess I'll find out when it comes in the mail!
    LIKE BASS IN YO FACE??

BeatComMusicGRP is offline Registered User
    Thanks
    Pro Tools and FL Studio are two totally different beasts... if you just make beats, FL Studio is the way to go, but if you plan on being a professional and having clients come to your studio, you pretty much have to have Pro Tools, Nuendo or something of the sort; or they wont take you seriously... Its sad but if you dont use Pro Tools you are immediately looked at as being an amateur, when in reality Pro Tools isn't all that good at any one thing, but it does so many things decently that it became the standard in the industry...

Thanks
    See that scares me. I feel like FL is going to be better in my opinion. Pro Tools seems like it's going to be all numbers, values, parameters, etc. while FL is mostly visual. Not to mention its broad capabilities with VSTi's. I use over a hundred different VST synths and a ton of effects that go along with them. I feel as though pro tools won't be able to compete with that.
    LIKE BASS IN YO FACE??

SNoWMiZZLe is offline Registered User
    Thanks
    Honestly, I've used a few DAWs and I think it's really just how the producer handles it. They all "technically" work the same way, it's just all in the producer's capabilities. I'd definitely recommend reading up on any manuals that you can find. Reading the manuals is essential, that way you can learn where everything is quickly.

Thanks
    Yea I'll definitely read any manuals that I get. The only problem is remembering everything that you read. That's why manuals are usually useless to me. I have to physically find whatever it is in the program and play with it for a minute before I start to understand how it works. But that's just me.
    LIKE BASS IN YO FACE??

AstroRockit is offline Registered User
    Thanks
    It's all about personal preference, I personally like FL A LOT more than Pro Tools. When it comes to making beats FL is better imo but when it comes to audio engineering I'd have to say Pro Tools...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information