FL 11 - Windows Vista - No Vst's Display After Installation & Refresh...? #iMAD

DjTricki

I'm an XP user, and this is pretty much why I've stuck with XP since 04' cause Windows always finds ways to ****in complicate things in newer os's...

So uhh, yeah, why don't VST's show up when I refresh the generator plugin in FL after installing them?

I've noticed after I install a vst, there's no .dll file(s) in the VstPlugins folder. But even when I copy over the vst's .dll files from the plugins main installation directory into 'VstPlugins' & refresh again in FL, doesn't resolve anything.

Help pls?

even when I copy over the vst's .dll files from the plugins main installation directory into 'VstPlugins' & refresh again in FL, doesn't resolve anything.

Uh... Yeah... Don't do that.

To get FL to find VSTs in various directories, you're going to want to use Symbolic Links -- I'm not going to get into it too much, but suffice to say that you can Google the term. KVR and the IL forums have your information.

-Ki
Salem Beats

Last edited:
a symbolic link is also known as a shortcut in windows terminology - use a shortcut either to the folder or the actual object within your required one stop location - saves heaps of space (you are not copying the actual object, just a pointer to where to find it) and makes navigation much easier.

a symbolic link is also known as a shortcut in windows terminology - use a shortcut either to the folder or the actual object within your required one stop location - saves heaps of space (you are not copying the actual object, just a pointer to where to find it) and makes navigation much easier.

It's not quite a "shortcut" (Simply creating a shortcut to the folder won't do the same thing). You have to use a special command-line tool ("mklink") or use a third-party tool which will end up using "mklink" in the background.

It's more like a "pointer" or "passing by reference" for those familiar with programming terminology.

-Ki
Salem Beats

Last edited:
I used to use Vista and FL Studio worked perfectly. Never had any problems with VST plugins either. I did, however, need to change the VST directory when I installed latest version on my Win8. I have noticed there was another VstPlugins folder selected after I installed it, not the one in Program Files, and it took me a while to figure that out. So could it be because of the new version default preferences. Try to re-check the VST plugin folder setting.

Last edited:
Back