What's the best way to sequence?

DIGITUS

I have several softsynth programs such as NI's Pro52, and Reaktor. What I would like to do is record my riffs and bring them into Acid Pro for arranging. However, I'm not sure how to save my riffs so they play at the same tempo. I have Cubasis vst, but it seems somewhat ackward to use. I've tried recording my riffs in Wavelab, saving the wavs, and importing them into Acid. The problem is sometimes the tempos maynot match throwing the whole mix outta whack. If I want to record sounds found in Reaktor and or Pro52, what is the best way to get the sounds to sync together? I'm thinking I'll have to learn how to get Cubasis to record and sync my riffs, but I don't really like using Cubasis so I've been avoiding it. I'm still new at this so I need a little direction please.

Thanks... :)

Digitus- get Orion. This is another reason I use it. You can use Pro52 and Reaktor as vst plugins in Orion. Set the desired bpm. Make your riffs, add effects, and make them into loops. Stream the loops to wav. Then you can use the wavs in Acid, or the way I do it is just import the wavs back into Orion as either an audio track, a sample, or in a soundfont file. You can use the vst sampler of your choice for the options. Then you save on the cpu and are free to add more and more.

hey

whats that ORION 'thing anyway? ive heard of if before... but... its softsynth isnt it?
sounds like a sequencer to me :)
pretty cool i must say when it can use VST instruments, tought only cubase could do that.

Its sort of like Reason, a program incorporating a sequencer, soft synths, samplers, fx, and vst support in one package.

Back