What Sequencer Do YOU Use???

Which Software DAW Sequencer do you use

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
fl studio because i dont have time to learn anything else. and now i got 2 screens so its grreat for the workflow.

Last edited by a moderator:
deep'n'dark said:
I can get the most sounds out of Reason and if i can't then i bring em in by using NNXT sampler - the sampling is easy and i don't need anything else. If i want to make complex sapling then i use Recycle and Dr.Rex - if Dr.Rex isn't enough i can load rex files into NNXT. I'm not going to lie - i'd love some vst's and vsti's inside Reason but i rather find that this way i really have to push my limits and it feels good. The combinator can solve almost all problems. :rolleyes: :sing:

I find VSTs not really an issue as well in Reason. Reason doesn't slouch on synths even though it has its cheesy presets, some are amazing and most of Reason stuff has a knack of sitting in the mix. Kind of reminds me of Roland presets (cheesier than the competition, but some of the most usable sounds you could ever use in a composition).

Reason 4 has a nice sequencer as well. My only issue is lack of waveform editing with the samplers. Major sampling seems harder to do in Reason than other apps but if you got an external audio editor than even that isn't much of an issue.

I have to say FL studios because that is what I learned first. I just started getting into trying out Reasons but I still feel way more comfortable using FL so I normally end up just rewiring Reasons through FL if I want to use a sound from Reasons.

jlgrimes11 said:
I find VSTs not really an issue as well in Reason. Reason doesn't slouch on synths even though it has its cheesy presets, some are amazing and most of Reason stuff has a knack of sitting in the mix. Kind of reminds me of Roland presets (cheesier than the competition, but some of the most usable sounds you could ever use in a composition).

Reason 4 has a nice sequencer as well. My only issue is lack of waveform editing with the samplers. Major sampling seems harder to do in Reason than other apps but if you got an external audio editor than even that isn't much of an issue.

I started on FL but am currently in a music class that uses reason. Im starting to warm up tp reason more as the class goes on, but I totally agree that for sample production FL>Reason B/C reason has very limited waveform editing capability. Reason does have very good effects but it obviously handicapped by lack of VST support. I also don't like that you have to open a sampler than a sound, whereas in FL u just open a sound and it loads the sound and sampler. Thats just a little matter of preference though.

Fl Studio Has A Nice Workflow. I Use Reason 4 At Times. But Fl Is My Shyt

is anyone here besides me who uses cubase 4 (either cracked or legit.) ?

Last edited:
Vhz said:
is anyone here besides me who uses cubase 4 (either cracked or legit.) ?

I didn't vote in the poll, but yeah I use Cubase 4. I've been using Cubase for many years as well as some of the other stuff on the list, but Cubase is the one that I would choose if I could only have 1.

Reaper and a Logic sometimes...Im basically strickly a Reaper user but will open Logic sometimes if im bored/stuck....oh and i dabble in Live just a tiny bit...

hackenslash said:
Talk about cracks will not win you any friends here.

SHUT UP HACKENSLAT....NOT EVERYONE CAN AFFORD 600.00 PROGRAMS...

ANYWAY I USE FL STUDIO 8 AND SONAR 7...

Last edited:
Back