What is the best DAW for recordin' off a MPC 2000?

M

M.W.P.

Hey FP.

I wanna know, which DAW will provide the best sound quality, when recordin' from the MPC 2000.

Audacity for example, will completely mess up the bass.

What programs are dope?

Thanks.

Pro Tools. Logic. Reason. Live. Choose your beast and stick with it.

They all record the same quality as your interface provides, given the same settings - by the time the signal hits the program, it's all digital & thus all the same. If "Audacity is messing up the bass", then you're doing something wrong.

When I record in Audacity, the track is perfect the first 5 seconds, then the bass drops out. Don't know what it is.

How are you recording, what interface, which sample rate, etc.? When asking about a technical problem, it's usually a good idea to try and provide as much (relevant) background information as possible. Because - well, otherwise we'll just have to ask about it anyway :)

I'm recordin' with cables straight from the MPC to an external soundcard, and from that onto the computer. The project-rate is 44100 in Audacity. :)

Which external soundcard would that be? Does the bass drop-out happen with anything else? Have you tried a different program?

Basically what I'm saying is work logically & eliminate the possibilities one by one.

I've tried it without the soundcard and in Acid etc. Same problem. Could it be my Laptop? It's not as bad with the soundcard, but I'm a perfectionist. LOL
This is the soundcard (It's in Danish, sorry) Sandberg USB Sound Box 7.1 (133-58)

Back