Sonar 8? or Cubase 5?

• Thread starter kick snare kick kick
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kick snare kick kick

I have both of them but i cant decide which is better

Yeah...How in the F U C K would we know.

You have both...lol... Only in 2010 a kid can change daws like underwear. smh.

Just make some music bro.

Last edited:
*sigh*

What if somebody came in here and said "neither... Ableton is the best".

What would you do? Would that make things even more complicated for you?

WTF? guys just to let you know i use to work with Reason but i desisted get into Daw's and vst's so i found sonar and cubase and i thought to make a question to FP because you may know better

WTF? guys just to let you know i use to work with Reason but i desisted get into Daw's and vst's so i found sonar and cubase and i thought to make a question to FP because you may know better

cubase and sonar basically do the samething...

that is record midi data and audio...

"you" have to pick which one works for you!!!

the same concepts you learnt in Reason you can apply in cubase or sonar. i.e. set a 4 or 8 bar loop; usually start with drums or lead sound; laid down your first track; then second; and so on; modify/edit the audio/midi data to your liking; add effects; mix; master; export....

---------- Post added at 04:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:09 PM ----------

*sigh*

What if somebody came in here and said "neither... Ableton is the best".

What would you do? Would that make things even more complicated for you?

i do not think any app is the best...

preference is the key when comparing DAWs....

I.E.

i prefer ableton live for 4/4 time signature/loop based production and cubase for odd meter/more detailed work. you could use ableton for odd meter/more detailed work but 'i" prefer to use cubase for that function...

it is all preference because basically all DAWs do the same thing...

I was being sarcastic gentlemen.

There is no DAW that's better than the other. They just operate w/ different workflows. Different ways of doing the exact same thing.

Maybe one will have a feature here or there that the other doesn't have... but for the most part anything you can do in one, you can do in the other. One may seem smoother to you, but that doesn't mean everyone will think it is smoother.

---------- Post added at 08:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:37 AM ----------

Generally speaking, asking which DAW is better is not a good question. Why? Because you're not going to get good answers that will really help you. Your opinion is different from the next man's opinion.

You have to find better questions to ask to really make your decision on which is better to you. I can't even tell you what questions to ask, b/c I don't know what you're looking for.

I can tell you which will work better for you, but as for me Sonar is the one!

If you have them both, than just play around with both to you find what works best for you!

Who spends $1000 on software and then asks which one is better? Heres a thought you already spent the money try them both and figure it out yourself. Closing the thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back