Serious DAW Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Use the nnxt with reason so much better for drums than the redrum you load mutiple wav files at one time and spread them across the keys on your midi controller

mrgibbs said:
Use the nnxt with reason so much better for drums than the redrum you load mutiple wav files at one time and spread them across the keys on your midi controller

The NNXT is much better for drums than the redrum if you are a Reason user, but if you are not committed to Reason, then go with Ableton Live.

I own Reason and Live, and Live's Drum Racks are an easier, better and quicker solution.

yeah...I just discovered the SAMPLE OFFSET feature in Ableton...

and that feature, among others, is INSANE...

I'm starting to feel like they made Live specifically for ME!

kb420 said:
The NNXT is much better for drums than the redrum if you are a Reason user, but if you are not committed to Reason, then go with Ableton Live.

I own Reason and Live, and Live's Drum Racks are an easier, better and quicker solution.

can you layer drums in drum racks? cuz it seems since each pad is basically a "simpler" you can't layer multiple kicks/snare whatever... unless you can route one pad to trigger another.

You can simply drag another instance of Simpler into the Chain List and then drag whatever sample, live instrument, or vst you want to layer with that pad because each pad basically is represented by a midi note.

In other words, say I have a kick on a pad that is assigned midi note C1. All I have to do is drop another instance of Simpler into the Chain List and assign that new instance to midi note C1. Now when I hit that pad, both sounds will play.

That's how I would layer drums, because you can also add whatever effects you want to each individual layer.

Also, that new layer will have it's own fader and show up in the expanded Drum Rack mixer view.

Live can do all that with no problem!!!!!

Last edited:
Live is an amazing program but some reason I don't feel the need for it in my setup very great program though but if you need help in reason hit me up

RickySaL said:
can you layer drums in drum racks? cuz it seems since each pad is basically a "simpler" you can't layer multiple kicks/snare whatever... unless you can route one pad to trigger another.

each pad has it's own chain...u can add anything u want...another drum...or a whole drum rack...u can even add instruments or a rack of instruments....dont forget effects....live is insanely flexible....

what about in Reason, sampling...? and how do i for instance take a 4 bar loop and make a song? This is done by the Playlist in FL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back