record sucks

malki

tried it yesterday for about 10 minutes. after all the hype. horrible imo.

the eq/compressor knobs are so small theres so much **** going on in the mix window i cant tell what im doing.

**** dont even sound all that good. talking bout its an ssl. surreeeee buddy. deleted that **** ASAP i dunno whos gonna use it over pt or any other professional daw

10 mins. I did that once with FL8 and then I found out about the "SoundGoodIzer"... then I re-installed it, tried it and then went 30mins. before uninstalling again...lol

the eq/compressor knobs are so small theres so much **** going on in the mix window i cant tell what im doing.

That's the point you don't know what your doing. Just like some people said the MPC was wack, because they thought it would make the beat for them. I tried it and loved it. Basically I know what I am doing and I have used a physical SSL board in the studio. Record has an upper on PT because IT'S TIME STRETCH WORK BETTER THAN PROTOOLS I KNOW BECAUSE I WORKED IT AND PT CAN'T DO PROPER TIME STRETCH UNLESS IT'S LOOPS AND ALREADY DONE! I have a Mac Pro so it sounds great!

tried it yesterday for about 10 minutes. after all the hype. horrible imo.

**** dont even sound all that good. talking bout its an ssl. surreeeee buddy. deleted that **** ASAP i dunno whos gonna use it over pt or any other professional daw

10min isn't long enough to judge anything. simply put, you don't know what you're doing, thats all that was. a fair assessment can not be made of anything new when you only spent 10min on it. did you read the manual at all? maybe if you did, you would not have come on here and admitted that you don't know what you're doing.
LevLove

Last edited:
i know how to use a compressor and an eq

im not gonna say im the best engineer or anything, my gear is low grade anyway (mbox 2, m-audio bx8a, mxl 990 mic $50 dollar mic)

but i have used a real SSL and i have recorded on pro tools HD, nuemann u87s use some high end fairly often

im just saying, WTF, this **** is boo boo. my computer cant even play the demo song very well

the eq/compressor knobs are TINY its straining to work with. why should i use that when i could open pro tools and open up a nice waves graphic eq or even the pro tools stock eq. i

record dont sound like an ssl imo. dont sound any better than running pro tools. i like reason but this record **** needs to go

Last edited:
the whole reason im mad is cuz it was made out to be something so great. i kept hearing about it so finally i got around to trying it. major dissapointment, i was thinking about buying it too...

I think that everyone who uses reason, uses it in a very defined and unique way. Reason is a software which is already versatile in it's ability to do things intuitively and quickly. Record seems to impose a wider approach to the process of structuring, engineering and sequencing.

the whole reason im mad is cuz it was made out to be something so great. i kept hearing about it so finally i got around to trying it. major dissapointment, i was thinking about buying it too...

but 10 minutes?....really?...ten minutes?

u could not have learned anything in 10 minutes....

10 mins. I did that once with FL8 and then I found out about the "SoundGoodIzer"... then I re-installed it, tried it and then went 30mins. before uninstalling again...lol

feel the same way about fl it sucks

If you were disappointed, then that's a fair criticism. But don't just start a thread for the sole purpose to bash it.

Why not make a thread that focuses on what record can do better and have an actual conversation? I'd rather have that then a hate fest, that's all.

but 10 minutes?....really?...ten minutes?

u could not have learned anything in 10 minutes....
thats not true i pretty much had the program down in 30. i only disliked that it didnt have midi out. once u learn how to use the hot keys its not that bad but my initial reaction was the same about the size of the stuff.

If you were disappointed, then that's a fair criticism. But don't just start a thread for the sole purpose to bash it.

Why not make a thread that focuses on what record can do better and have an actual conversation? I'd rather have that then a hate fest, that's all.
why not the record forum has all kinds of hate based threads lol

personally the knobs are fine they aren't that either adj your display on your screen or get a bigger screen it's obvious you don't know what your doing because if you like reason then record is reason times 10

Back