Reason 4

Darko said:
features are overrated. especially if you are satisfied with the ones you got. Maybe if reason was my only piece of software, I'd hope for more updates, but most people don't even use the features that are already there. Don't complain about no midi out if you don't use EXPORT MIDI.

What does exporting midi have to do with midi out? Actually, they have nothing to do with each other. Midi out will allow you to control hardware. Exporting midi is just exporting a midi file. As for features being over rated, that's not something anyone can really argue. If I'm happy with a rock and sticks, then who can argue and say I'm wrong? Other people need more than rocks and sticks and they're equally right, if that's what they need. To each his own I guess.

LOL why do folks cry so much about stuff....I really dont care about what it doesnt have, as long as I can get the job done in it...nobody is gonna ever question what the program did or did not have when they hear the songs I produced with it

Last edited:
People who have used Reason had to accompany it with an audio editor since beginning of time. I can't complain that something that never exsisted still isn't there.

If you need audio input, just run Reason as a rewire device in a software sequencer.

L. A. Stone said:
What does exporting midi have to do with midi out? Actually, they have nothing to do with each other. Midi out will allow you to control hardware. Exporting midi is just exporting a midi file. As for features being over rated, that's not something anyone can really argue. If I'm happy with a rock and sticks, then who can argue and say I'm wrong? Other people need more than rocks and sticks and they're equally right, if that's what they need. To each his own I guess.

If you audition your midi patterns with reason patches, you can export the midi into a sequencer with midi out and use that midi to control your hardware. It takes less than 60 seconds to do.

Features are nice, but you should buy a program for what features it already has, not features that you expect it to get in the future. You're right tho. There's nothing to argue. To each his own. :cheers:

Darko said:
If you audition your midi patterns with reason patches, you can export the midi into a sequencer with midi out and use that midi to control your hardware. It takes less than 60 seconds to do.

It sounds like you're saying. Don't complain about no midi out because...you can audition your midi patterns in Reason, export the midi, go buy another sequencer that has midi out, import that midi into the new sequencer, then use that sequencer to control your external sound module. And it takes less than 60 seconds...per audition.

That's some serious logic right there. But I do agree that people should by software for what it has in it, not what they hope they will add later.

I bought Reason because I figure by version 15 all I'll have to do is push a button and boom instant bangers. Version 16 you'll just have to tell it to make a banger and it'll render it automatically.

Sqito said:
Calm down man. I didn't knock anything, you just saw my name and assumed I did. ;)
All I was saying is that they take a lot of time to release new stuff for their product and that I would probably get bored fast of the program because of not having nothing new in it to mess with.
Luckily you can use it together with a lot of other stuff to compensate for that.
i wasnt worked up lol. i just felt u were knocking it.

Cameron Thomas said:
Hey Xabition. I'm curious about that arp. Can you use it to get a strumming effect? For guitars and what not?
i havent tried that i dont see why not tho its a good arp it has quite a few features

Last edited:
L. A. Stone said:
It sounds like you're saying. Don't complain about no midi out because...you can audition your midi patterns in Reason, export the midi, go buy another sequencer that has midi out, import that midi into the new sequencer, then use that sequencer to control your external sound module. And it takes less than 60 seconds...per audition.

That's some serious logic right there. But I do agree that people should by software for what it has in it, not what they hope they will add later.
No, I'm saying you should already have another sequencer anyway since reason will never ever ever have audio in/midi out. And between choosing a reason preset, exporting midi from reason, importing midi into the other program and finding a similar preset on your hardware it shouldn't take more than 60 seconds if you know your gear well. There are free and low-cost rewire hosts. It's not like you gotta spend $400+ to play ball.

Darko said:
No, I'm saying you should already have another sequencer anyway...

OK, so if you don't buy it, does that mean the government issues them to every citizen?

Darko said:
since reason will never ever ever have audio in/midi out.

Who told you that? God, the government that hands out sequencers, or Propellerheads, or maybe a psychic?

Darko said:
And between choosing a reason preset, exporting midi from reason, importing midi into the other program and finding a similar preset on your hardware it shouldn't take more than 60 seconds if you know your gear well.

Is that your personal work flow, or is that how the rest of the world works? Is that how people are "supposed" to use midi out?

Darko said:
There are free and low-cost rewire hosts. It's not like you gotta spend $400+ to play ball.

LOL. I said yesterday that you'd have to "buy" another sequencer. You replied, "No, I'm saying you should already have another sequencer anyway...".

Now you've said both in a single post.

What else to say?

L. A. Stone said:
OK, so if you don't buy it, does that mean the government issues them to every citizen?

No, sequencers are a dime a dozen nowadays. Freeware & shareware.

L. A. Stone said:
Who told you that? God, the government that hands out sequencers, or Propellerheads, or maybe a psychic?

Did I say midi out? I meant to say Audio in and VST support. The Propellerheads told me. Also, it was foretold in fraggle rock, the old HBO series. The clues are all in that show if you look closely enough.

L. A. Stone said:
Is that your personal work flow, or is that how the rest of the world works? Is that how people are "supposed" to use midi out?
It's one of my workflows, I'm not a one-trick pony. It was a suggestion to people who keep complaining about no midi out, like it's keeping them from living a normal life. If people don't like my suggestion, they should look for an alternate solution or use a different program. I don't care either way.

L. A. Stone said:
LOL. I said yesterday that you'd have to "buy" another sequencer. You replied, "No, I'm saying you should already have another sequencer anyway...".

Now you've said both in a single post.

What else to say?
You are assuming that people who have reason don't already have another sequencer. People dont/shouldn't buy reason on the strength of the sequencer. Especially if midi out and one program for everything is their goal. When I recommend reason to people I advise that they either buy a rewire host or use a freeware/shareware one alongside it, unless they don't need audio input or midi out. If you have hardware to sequence from your computer and the only sequencer you have is reason, either you didn't do your homework or you like doing things the hard way.

I said both of what in a single post?

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeemixxxxxxxxx!!!!

Oh shyt son! I didn't even know there was a Reason 4 on the way. Is it just an upgrade or a whole new program altogether that i have to spend a few hundred on? Thank god I got a free copy of Reason 3.0, I would've been mad as hell had i spent $300 on it brand new just to have Reason 4 come out and make me mad! The one greatest thing they could possibly add to Reason 4 is to package it with ReCycle too, shyt that little ass program cost too damn much to drop another $200 on when its so important to Reason and I still can't find a good download of that for Mac.

By the way anyone have a copy of ReCycle I can get from them for free via z-share or what not?

Last edited:
KingJames313 said:
Oh shyt son! I didn't even know there was a Reason 4 on the way. Is it just an upgrade or a whole new program altogether that i have to spend a few hundred on? Thank god I got a free crack copy of Reason 3.0, I would've been mad as hell had i spent $300 on it brand new just to have Reason 4 come out and make me mad! The one greatest thing they could possibly add to Reason 4 is to package it with ReCycle too, shyt that little ass program cost too damn much to drop another $200 on when its so important to Reason and I still can't find a good crack of that for Mac.

By the way anyone have a copy of ReCycle I can get from them for free via z-share or what not?

wow, if u were hustlin for me i would have to pimp smack u and send u about ya way. How many times u gon say crack in one post. then have the nerve to ask for another crack.

lol damn

KingJames313 said:
Oh shyt son! I didn't even know there was a Reason 4 on the way. Is it just an upgrade or a whole new program altogether that i have to spend a few hundred on? Thank god I got a free crack copy of Reason 3.0, I would've been mad as hell had i spent $300 on it brand new just to have Reason 4 come out and make me mad! The one greatest thing they could possibly add to Reason 4 is to package it with ReCycle too, shyt that little ass program cost too damn much to drop another $200 on when its so important to Reason and I still can't find a good crack of that for Mac.

thats one ban coming up!!!!!.............damn pimpin you cant go out like that

Damn, I ain't know there were rules to postin shyt, I guess I'll have to erase my post. But other sites don't have problems with that shyt, guess I have to speak in codes. Where can a brother get a copy of Reason for free other than that free share site that deals with limes and wires that is compatible with Mac. (Hint hint) Damn it's tough to not mention freeware stuff and what not, sorry guys!

Last edited:
My King! King James the 313th, may God bless thy soul! What is this blasphemous talk? The wind howls, and the moon casteth its shadow upon us. We wait in darkness , while pirates reap our lands! Where art thou mighty knights? Pillaged by thieves we are..
... while he and his kingdom are fed the fruits of our labors on golden platters. Art thou throne so high? And these lands so low?

KingJames313 said:
Oh shyt son! I didn't even know there was a Reason 4 on the way. Is it just an upgrade or a whole new program altogether that i have to spend a few hundred on? Thank god I got a free copy of Reason 3.0, I would've been mad as hell had i spent $300 on it brand new just to have Reason 4 come out and make me mad! The one greatest thing they could possibly add to Reason 4 is to package it with ReCycle too, shyt that little ass program cost too damn much to drop another $200 on when its so important to Reason and I still can't find a good download of that for Mac.

super ban!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!lol

KingJames313 said:
Damn, I ain't know there were rules to postin shyt, I guess I'll have to erase my post. But other sites don't have problems with that shyt, guess I have to speak in codes. Where can a brother get a copy of Reason for free other than ******** that is compatible with Mac.
extra super duper ban!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!lol

TypikalStatistik said:
My King! King James the 313th, may God bless thy soul! What is this blasphemous talk? The wind howls, and the moon casteth its shadow upon us. We wait in darkness , while pirates reap our lands! Where art thou mighty knights? Pillaged by thieves we are..
... while he and his kingdom are fed the fruits of our labors on golden platters. Art thou throne so high? And these lands so low?
wow!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
KingJames313 said:
Damn, I ain't know there were rules to postin shyt, I guess I'll have to erase my post. But other sites don't have problems with that shyt, guess I have to speak in codes. Where can a brother get a copy of Reason for free other than that free share site that deals with limes and wires that is compatible with Mac. (Hint hint) Damn it's tough to not mention freeware stuff and what not, sorry guys!

what a ****ing retard lol this is why i think pirating is bad cuz u have the moron whos like the crack head knowing hes doing wrong by asking and still tries to ask only in his native tongue of stupid

Back