Reason 4?

buying 2.5 and upgrading to 3 is a waste of money. and reason 4 will not come out soon. although i don't love the reason 3 sequencer i don't know why people ***** so much about it. it's fine.

Last edited:
Xabiton said:
I would much rather them continue to create more instruments and fx. The sequencer is fine. I could use Reason 3 for the rest of my life and be totally happy with it. I like to try other things to see if there is something I am missing out on but I don't use the extra features I find in other software anyway. Give me soundforge and reason and Im straight.

Actually, I have no interest in whichever way they go with Reason. I have to look hard for a reason to open Reason these days because I have so many tools at my disposal. So I wasn't stating my opinion, wishes, or dreams for Reason to have VSTis or audio recording, or a better sequencer. I was just answering a statement that Reason's sequencer was basically no different than that of Cubase. I fully disagree with that and I think the Props would find it funny. It's not even their intention which is obvious in their development of Reason.

So yeah, I like Reason as it is just like you even if I prefer to have all my options under a single roof. Reason is a great program just as it is for people who have no problem with Rewire. I've recently tried again to see if I could warm up to using Rewire and I'm finding it to be not so bad these days. The only thing is, I have better and easier access to instruments, FX, audio and everything else right in my main host.

rando said:
If I get 2.5 and upgrade to 3.0 soon after I get it (I got connections) will I be a loser since 4 might come out soon??? I don't like the feeling of being versions behind for some reason....:D
lmao if u r seriously looking to pay for reason (which I dont think u r) just buy a copy of 2.0 u can find it for under $100 bucks register it and then buy the upgrade

L. A. Stone said:
Actually, I have no interest in whichever way they go with Reason. I have to look hard for a reason to open Reason these days because I have so many tools at my disposal. So I wasn't stating my opinion, wishes, or dreams for Reason to have VSTis or audio recording, or a better sequencer. I was just answering a statement that Reason's sequencer was basically no different than that of Cubase. I fully disagree with that and I think the Props would find it funny. It's not even their intention which is obvious in their development of Reason.

So yeah, I like Reason as it is just like you even if I prefer to have all my options under a single roof. Reason is a great program just as it is for people who have no problem with Rewire. I've recently tried again to see if I could warm up to using Rewire and I'm finding it to be not so bad these days. The only thing is, I have better and easier access to instruments, FX, audio and everything else right in my main host.
rewire can be a pain i can agree with that. I do everything I want onboard. Maybe its because I know the program so well but Reason is fire either way

Last edited:
Reason 3 has problems with Windows Vista...

... on the Props site... they said they don't know when fixes will be available...

Ableton just keeps looking more and more promising...

biggrome said:
Reason 3 has problems with Windows Vista...

... on the Props site... they said they don't know when fixes will be available...

Ableton just keeps looking more and more promising...
why would u buy vista so soon tho?? they are still trying to make recycle work on the 64 bit version of xp they aint in a hurry to fix it they took a few months to make it intelmac compatible why do u seem so surprised. live is the ish tho

rando said:
Oh yes.. I will buy it...I don't pirate
I do captain mo does that count as pirating?

Last edited:
it would be cool if propellerheads makes a recycle rack that let's you drag and drop .mp3 samples. I'm getting tired of converting to .wav just to extract a couple samples.

well use an audio editor to chop your samples and just export from there I am not seeing the problem here. Are you buying prechopped mateial or something?

Xabiton said:
well use an audio editor to chop your samples and just export from there I am not seeing the problem here. Are you buying prechopped mateial or something?

yep, thats how i roll

chopping samples on Reason itself might be quite a challenge, wouldn't it be?

Xabiton said:
why would u buy vista so soon tho??

I have to brag to random people and make it seem like I'm cutting edge...

nah, I'm just mad that Booty Loops gets more updates than us....

:mad:

Sqito said:
chopping samples on Reason itself might be quite a challenge, wouldn't it be?
its not. its like chopping on a vintage sampler. the nnxt reminds me too much of the eps classic its not even funny.

biggrome said:
I have to brag to random people and make it seem like I'm cutting edge...

nah, I'm just mad that Booty Loops gets more updates than us....

:mad:
ffl. and screw updates i think reason 3 was worth the wait and its a solid update. most of my complaints about 2.5 were answered in version 3 especially the compressor, browser and remote. I am extreamly satisfied with Reason 3

Last edited:
Xabton: You're just defending Props as too much as did defend IL a while ago.
Let it off. lol

Last edited:
lmao im not defending anyone Im just stating my opinions. people dont know what they are doing and they say reason cant do things when in fact u just dont know how to do it. i actually find recycle to be a waste Id rather use a wav editor thats where my comfort is right now

Last edited:
Opinions make the world go round. Think about how many people use what they use because someone else told them it was good. That happend with me and Reason I was clueless and asked dude at gc what was a good way to get into composing music without spending thousands of dollars. I wanted something that had good sounds and I could make musci wtih quick and right away preferablly hands on. He handed me Reason 2.0

Yupp. It all starts Where you first get your ideas from.

Not more... Not less

Last edited:
Back