Reason 4?

Yeah! Reason4 featuring a brand new factory soundbank CD, a new Synth plus 3 new FX!
That will be great.

I exepect a upgrade near the middle of 07 maybe 08, depending if they are gonna do a 3.5 or stright to 4. Props are very sercretivitve about their projects.

Reason needs to become a real sequencer...

Last edited:
Whistleblower said:
Is that your opinion or is that some chatter that you have heard elsewhere?
Im guessing. Because Reason tends to update every 2-3 years and usually talks of it on the reason forum usually start about 4 to 6 months before the actual release. I havent heard anything of about a Reason update. To be honest theres nothing extra really needed. Atleast for me anyway Reason has everything I want except for maybe more eq controls on the rv7000, automation options on the nnxt's editor remote, time stretch on all of the samplers, a way to make it so that when using control surfaces that 1 knob on one controller and 1 knob on another controller wouldnt control the same parameter, and always more presets. Other than that Reason is solid stand alone and all of those things would be nice.

I dub Sqito "King Reason Hater" for his outstanding ability to talk sh*t about it in every thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
sigel said:
Reason needs to add VST support....
If u want vsts dont use Reason tryin to screw up my stability because u wont sit down and throw a few fx on your sounds.

Sqito said:
Reason needs to become a real sequencer...
why there are way better sequencers out there rewire is so nice kuz u can use reason with whatever u want. i dig reasons sequencer tho. its just what its supposed to be stop tryin to turn it into fruity loops lol

Last edited:
+ I bet you guys will be willing to pay another 300 bucks just for an update worth some more presets and a new synth in it arentcha?

Subtraction said:
I dub Sqito "King Reason Hater" for his outstanding ability to talk sh*t about it in every thread.
What "sh*t" do you exactly mean?
Which part of anything I wrote is actually not true?
btw: I don't hate anything. I just pity the fools lol

Last edited:
Subtraction said:
lol i wouldnt call him a reason hater. he just wants that all in one sort of rig like a lot of people. Me personally I like total dedication. I would have no problems with using reason to make sounds, live to sequence, soundforge to edit and sonar to mix because they all have their strengths. He wants somethign that has the ability to do everything and I want something thats going to do the job better than everything else.

Sqito said:
+ I bet you guys will be willing to pay another 300 bucks just for an update worth some more presets and a new synth in it arentcha?
who paid $300 for any reason updates? why would u practicly buy another copy of reason at full price for an update lol. I wouldnt pay more than $200 for a new update adn taht update better be damn good.

Last edited:
Xabiton said:
lwho paid $300 for any reason updates? why would u practicly buy another copy of reason at full price for an update lol. I wouldnt pay more than $200 for a new update adn taht update better be damn good.
Now that's real talk. ;)

Last edited:
I have'nt used the full version of reason...but I've used the demo...judging by it and pics of the squencer.......it does look like garbage.

The key to Reason's sequencer is to leave the arrow tool selected...

just use the Alt key to change the arrow to a pencil
just use the Ctrl key to copy notes in the sequencer

Also automate the REC button to one of the buttons on your midi controller

EVERY SINGLE SOFTWARE PACKAGE OUT BOILS DOWN TO WORKFLOW... kinda.

... and whether or not you don't mind being laughed at... I can't believe people think FL Studio is some sort of name improvement... future versions will probrably have a SpongeBob Reverb and Pokemon Maximizer...

Back