Reaktor 5 -- any thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reakt2Reason

I'm on the fence with getting this. The program sounds incredible, much cleaner and more rich than Reason, and I like the idea of building your own synths and what-not. The only problem that I forsee is that there seems to be little to no support of the product. I did a search for books, tutorials and the like for it but nothing's out there, and I feel that I might need that since the program seems to be a lot different than what I've worked with before...

What do you guys think?

There's a lot of Reaktor users at NI's own forums, and on KvR forums. Some here as well, though I don't remember anyone here that would've dug very deep into it.

I do remember seeing a bunch of tutorials here and there, and the Reaktor manuals are pretty good to get started with.

It's a program well worth learning, but does take time to get acquinted with.

whats the story with the 'all new' ensembles built in? i cant remember the uber-kool names they came up with, but i have a feeling they make some interesting sounds....

im interested, anyone heard em....?

peace.

Reakt2Reason said:
I'm on the fence with getting this. The program sounds incredible, much cleaner and more rich than Reason, and I like the idea of building your own synths and what-not. The only problem that I forsee is that there seems to be little to no support of the product. I did a search for books, tutorials and the like for it but nothing's out there, and I feel that I might need that since the program seems to be a lot different than what I've worked with before...

What do you guys think?

you're comparing two different things by comparing reason to reaktor... reaktor is a sound creation tool, where reason could be considered that, it is more of a compositon tool... running several instances of reaktor will bring your computer down to its balls. make some awsome patches with reaktor, keep em at a high resolution (like 96khz...) and put them in your nn-xt. :]

you're comparing two different things by comparing reason to reaktor... reaktor is a sound creation tool, where reason could be considered that, it is more of a compositon tool... running several instances of reaktor will bring your computer down to its balls. make some awsome patches with reaktor, keep em at a high resolution (like 96khz...) and put them in your nn-xt. :]
can you explain how to run multiple instances of reaktor please?

Last edited:
same way as any other vst, add new channels and make reaktor the active vst for that channel

however, necro thread, so /thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back