Questions about the RM1x

Techno Punk

I have a question about the RM1x. Everyone always talks about how great of a sequencer it is, but there's something that I'm wondering. Can you only use the sounds that are in the RM1x? If I make a beat or a riff on a Trinity, would I be able to put that into the RM1x for sequencing? I guess what I'm asking is: As far as sequencing on the RM1x goes, can you only use riffs and beats made on the RM1x?

Nah, you don't have to use the inbuilt sounds, but you don't really put other sounds into the Rm1x either - you trigger them via midi, i.e. get the sounds on your synth assigned to one of the tracks on the Rm1x and programme them to play when you want. You can till use the onboard sounds too, just assign them to diferent tracks. Hope this helps, i'm not too good at explaining stuff :)

The RM1x sequencer function works nicely with other MIDI equipment. I use mine with EM-U, Korg Triton and ER-1.

You can record your riff or what ever from your Tiniity into a track on your RM1x via MIDI (the RM1x justs records the musical events, not the actual sounds).

With the other tracks on the RM1x, you can have them play RM1x presets or drive other MIDI equipments.

Hey. Thanks a lot for the information, guys. I appreciate it. I understand fully, now. You aren't half bad at explaining stuff, Heavy Cola. Thanks again.

Back