Question For Mac Users

DonPurple

Boss Major.
Hey guys, im using Reason 5 with Record 1.5 and Recycle 2.1 to make my beats, now i used to use a PC and used Adobe Audition 1.5 to chop my samples, and i since that doesnt work on a Mac im wondering what the best program to get to chop my samples would be?

Thanks!

I want the same answer, so I'm subscribing.

I don't use Recycle, I just need a good loop editor and I'll load .wav files to the NNXT. Used SONAR on PC.

Audacity isn't the prettiest app, but it is probably capable of doing what you need. I do most of my sample editing from within Ableton now, so I've not used it in a while, but give it a shot. Runs on nearly anything.

im looking for a answer to this too.. i also used to use Cool Edit Pro.. but since moving to Mac i am finding it up to find another software as simple and straight forward as Cool Edit..

(there was some talk about Mac releasing a beta version but i have seen no movement on that)

i would like to know a what is a good alternative as well. right now i have to chop samples in protools and export each chop as a wav then import those wavs into the nnxt. gets the job done but kinda annoying and time consuming

Last edited:
ive used audacity before when i first first started recording bout 5 or 6 years ago, how would you use this to sample with reason?

Audacity is the way to go i guess? i just need something to cut loops in so i can import the loops into Recycle

@youngreign. I suppose they could. I just chop the loop in logic and export the regions. Then I import to recycle and chop it. Export the work as a .Rx2 file and emport it to the esx24. I don't like chopping in logic using the silence method.

Back