Propellerhead's RECORD

good find.

a prerequisite to creating their own DAW? I didnt see the whole vids myself, but if it can host VST's, ill purchase it in a heart beat...

In vid two, they only showed that vocals could be added and effects can be added via a POD 6 amp or reason own effect boxes.

add vst support and they will f%ck the game up for real.

I just read, ". . .like Reason, it is a closed system. No third-party VsT supported. . ."

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

yeah that sux. Im sticking with Reaper... good try for propellerheads...

I love the Prop Heads, but I think this is a flip flop! Sorry, no VST, or AU Support? Why would I ever leave Ableton Live 8 and Logic 8?

The only people I can see loving this are Reason only users! Pure and Simple! No one else will buy it!

ONE

i would like to use it for a few things. that demo soung sounds coo and the way u can ajdust the tempo like that is pretty slick.

It definitely doesn't appeal to everyone. For those of us who are really into a DAW that already records audio, it really doesn't bring anything new to the table.
Will most Reason users who rewire into Logic, Live, Cubase, Pro Tools, or Sonar buy into Record?????

snoopsmh.gif

It definitely doesn't appeal to everyone. For those of us who are really into a DAW that already records audio, it really doesn't bring anything new to the table.
Will most Reason users who rewire into Logic, Live, Cubase, Pro Tools, or Sonar buy into Record?????

snoopsmh.gif

I guess only Reason-only users, and people like me who likes diversity and doesn't want to stick with one...lol I like and have Cubase and Live 8 suite, but for me Reason(plus Record now) offers something I can't achieve with the others, and vice versa. Also the mood influences also. It's all about preferences.

Last edited:
my quesiton is this whats the hype about vsts i have used most of them and i have them in my at 2 in my arsenal and honestly i never really use them. they constantly crash, too many hiccups and they eat cpu power for no reason at all and all of my stuff is offical no cracked software over here. i think alot of user like vst stritctly for presets.. alot of cats im not saying all but alot of cats dont know how to program there own sounds or effects so they just jump to whatever sounds good. as far as daw go.. i have pro tools & logic pro i started out with cubase and tried sonar for a while they all pretty much do the same thing its just different methods for each program.. with this new record ive seen it person its totally different from the typical daw nothing like it i've seen before well i'll have the beta in 4 minutes so im straight it like 5:56 am over here in new jersey.

It doesnt seem like a bad product, but is it really enough? I was hoping for at least a whole new effect suite...

Still though, I think it looks pretty cool and hopefully I'll be able to beta test to see if it works for me.

i currently record vocals and guitar into logic and rewire reason into it for the rest. this program is PERFECT for my purposes. reason's workflow for me is simply unmatched. to be able to apply that to audio in the way they have, it's a dream come true. i'll definitely be considering this one.

and IN-RACK LINE 6 MODELLING? absolute win right there.

i currently record vocals and guitar into logic and rewire reason into it for the rest. this program is PERFECT for my purposes. reason's workflow for me is simply unmatched. to be able to apply that to audio in the way they have, it's a dream come true. i'll definitely be considering this one.

and IN-RACK LINE 6 MODELLING? absolute win right there.

Yeah I feel conflicted, in one hand it feels like a too little too late product, and also it's "closed off" because it wont use plugs. (that doesnt bother me too much though). On the other hand, propellerhead is just so great and making things stable, easy and accessible and I'm sure this software will be no different.

I'm not commiting to anyside just yet lol, damnit I need that beta now! Can't wait. :(

Looks pretty good.
If they added VST support it would win, but not so sure without it.
I usually don't use the built-in effects that come with a DAW.

its different than just built in effects its pretty much you creating your own effects. something that waves plugins etc can do.

On the other hand, propellerhead is just so great and making things stable, easy and accessible and I'm sure this software will be no different.

exactly. you can talk about vsts and openness and everything until the cows come home, and legitimate as those points may be, what's the use if you just don't feel comfortable using your own tools?

that's the philosophy behind this thing. just like they said in the video, it's NOT meant to be a pro tools replacement for mixing engineers. it's not even pretending to be. this is an easy-to-use yet powerful enough environment for musicians to stop futzing around with the technicalities and just make some music. and in that respect i think they've got a winner.

A dongle is required (or an internet connection), here's the info on that:
http://www.propellerheads.se/products/record/index.cfm?fuseaction=get_article&article=ignition_key

What's cool is that even though you're in demo mode, you can still save your projects, you just cant open them back up. I say even though they're using a dongle (which sucks ass imo) that's still pretty cool of them.

that's the philosophy behind this thing. just like they said in the video, it's NOT meant to be a pro tools replacement for mixing engineers. it's not even pretending to be. this is an easy-to-use yet powerful enough environment for musicians to stop futzing around with the technicalities and just make some music. and in that respect i think they've got a winner.

Yeah, I can see who they're trying to market this too, I know two artists who this would be perfect for, they use reason but kinda shy away from the more "daunting" DAWs and software, but they would love if reason was able to just record right after they're done with their instrumentals, and now they can.

Last edited:
Back