propellerhead ReFUND 1.5????

Do you want your money BACK???

• YES! i want my damn money back!

Votes: 10 50.0%
  • NO! i'm glad i bought it; it's was worth it!

Votes: 10 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
why would they have not(if they didn't, wouldn't be surprised if they did for Reason)simply upgrade the 14:2 mixer and make it 64 bit? They've upgraded it in the past, and every other DAW on the planet has upgraded to 64bit audio compatibility without reinventing their mixers.

i think this is a business strategy. remember Props is a business. Recycle, Record and Reason are three separate revenue streams. this is the last time you see a deal for Record for Reason users (imo). why put 64 bit audio in Reason when they could charge for it later...

i am not bashing Props because Ableton is worst with their business practices and the same holds true for steinberg and NI....

at the end of the day these companies are in it for the money...

I agree, I just woulda rathered them tell me I had to pay X amount for "Reason 5 Pro" Rather than Regular Reason 5 and including these things in a Reason environment.

Again, not knocking it, but everyone from Image Line to Cakewalk to Steinberg to Digidesign offer the same base program with more added for more money. I wish Propellerheads would do the same rather than giving solutions to problem you want fixed in Reason as completely different entities and pretending they all play any nicer together than any other software.

Record is no "better"(beyond preference) for "integrating" than rewiring to another DAW.

Recycle is no "better"(beyond preference)for chopping samples to put in Reason than any other loop editor.

Both Recycle and Record lack functionality found in other programs that fall in the realm of them(we won't get into Reason doing the same since these are supposed to be "Reason's crutches")

Propellerhead is good at branding their products, I just wish when I sat down to make a beat in Reason, I got the same functionality I could get sitting down to make a beat in Ableton or FL Studio, or even in MOTU BPM Standalone. lol.

This makes me want to dump Reason for something else on a daily basis, but I'm so familiar woith Reason, I couldn't go thru with it, lol. Don't wanna take the time to learn Logic or Live, but I've contemplated partitioning my Mac to run Windows 7 and FL....just doesn't seem right to have paid $1500 for this mac to run windows 7 and make it equivalent to a $500 PC. Lol.

Last edited:
I wish Propellerheads would do the same rather than giving solutions to problem you want fixed in Reason as completely different entities and pretending they all play any nicer together than any other software

DAMN - i couldn't have said it better myself!!!

---------- Post added at 01:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:14 PM ----------

props bopped us over the head mayne...

SELLIN' A FUKCING "UPDATE" / "FIX" AS A SEPARATE FUKCING PROGRAM...

they actin' like some straight BIITCHES

brothers were promised 40 acres and a mule...

let's not even get on the "race" tip...

if i get started, this thread is gonna TOTALLY crash & burn

---------- Post added at 01:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:21 PM ----------

This makes me want to dump Reason for something else on a daily basis, but I'm so familiar woith Reason, I couldn't go thru with it

yup...

we're from the same planet...
:smokinFP:

We've actually had this conversation before. I came up with a solution that was posted on the Props' website as a feature request. I think you have a legitimate complaint, but FWIW, I think you can sell your license.

When I think of record, I get this picture in my mind of someone living deep in the country with raccoons and cougars and shit. A store has an opening 30 miles away selling advance technology vcr's and a selection of old movies, no DVDs. Yeah, that someone may be very excited about it, but if that someone would've went 100 extra miles to the nearest city, they would've got a DVD player, surround sound speakers, and the knowledge of ordering any movie they like come to the mailbox.... for half the price of the vcr. Hell, somebody would've giving they ass a vcr and some movies for free just to get rid of the shit.( :) ) They wouldn't care because the vcr makes them happy. At least at the store with the vcr they can take the vcr home for free, they just can't record movies from the T.V with it unless they pay for it.

Last edited:
let's not even get on the "race" tip...

if i get started, this thread is gonna TOTALLY crash & burn

not going with the race tip...

just pointing out that the "jerk" is in and even governments are "jerking" individuals...

a matter of fact any governments of any nationality is "jerking" their people...

I think you're confusing "seamless integration" with "backwards compatibility - based auto-routing". You open record and it lets you do what you did in reason, plus record's features are there. Where does reason end and where does record begin? That's seamless integration, as promised. Love it or leave it, basically.

When I opened my first reason 4 file in record, I was kinda disappointed that it didn't auto-route everything, but then I got busy re-routing beat #1 and I got over it. You don't have to remix every single beat TODAY!!!!! unless you are under a deadline, and if you are, you are lucky to have such problems. but if your mixes are all that special, then leave them the way they are and move on with your life.

I'm not saying you shouldn't complain. You did, and we feel your pain. You've got a lot of options now. You could do better research next time you want to buy some software, you could talk to the props, you could sell your license. You could learn to program software and come out with your own daw. You could remix your tracks to work in record. etc.

Basically, you can live your life in shoulda woulda coulda land, or you can make do with what you got. Pick # 2. you'll live longer.

Last edited:
shit...BEEN let it go...

now = JUSSAYIN'

I always say, any lesson I can walk away from is a good lesson. Even if it's a costly lesson. I've wasted far, far, far, far more money than you've just wasted. LOL I'm too embarrassed to even put a number to it, but I can say it's quite a few thousands just in music related stuff. But I know better now. I know what to look for in a product and how to see bullcrap and keep on walking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back