Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Propellerhead Reason - THE SOUND QUALITY

B Side Producer is offline Registered User
    Thanks
    Sign in to disable this ad
    Fully agree with most of what is said here.
    Reason sound is actually saying I hear the sound of someone who didn't properly operate Reason.
    You can accomplish more or less the same things with other quality DAWs out there. You gotta know how.
    To me, Reason is a more natural way of sound design as it resembles more to stuff that communicates with me, stuff that I recognize, etc.
    Just take some looks at the youtubes in the 52 reason record tips and you'll start understanding a lot more to the instruments in Reason. As it says, they are instruments. Then with record being implemented in 6, it got that kick ass SSL resembling mixing console integrated and it became an even more powerful tool for sound synthesis/designing/whatever.
    I can't imagine that if you fully understand eq'ing, compression, effects, processing, how to operate that SSL like console and how to operate Reason with all it's possibilities, and a lot more, that you can't produce something that sounds decent.
    Do ppl watch the artist stories?
    Artist interviews - Learn Music Making and Production Tips from the Pros - Artist Stories - Propellerhead
    There are some artists there who mainly do their stuff in Reason. Really big names. As if you hear some of those big names on the radio and go like "Yeah! That's definitely the Reason sound again..." .
    If they do, than I'm gonna aim at getting that Reason sound as they're doing a hell of a good job making some wicked sounding tunes!
    and like this.

alkota is offline Registered User
    Thanks
    Ive been on Reason since ditching the MPC/Hardware workflow in 2007. Everyone assumes I use an MPC. The Reason "sound" is a ridiculous myth. It equates to poor mixing skills and people using the stock/factory sounds/soundbanks and not tweaking/mixing their music properly.

Yawnnnn. This topic is so lame and beat to death... time to get back to making music.
    Need Drums? Visit The Drum Broker @ http://www.hiphopdrumsamples.com

krushing is online now Moderator
    Thanks
    Flying Lotus used Reason up to Cosmogramma - I don't think I've ever heard anyone complain that "it sounds like Reason".
    likes this.

macbeat is offline Universal Soldier
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by krushing View Post
    Flying Lotus used Reason up to Cosmogramma - I don't think I've ever heard anyone complain that "it sounds like Reason".
    ^^^ That right there is a perfect example.
    Last edited by macbeat; 06-04-2012 at 01:30 AM.

Storm is offline Registered User
    Thanks
    And there was also recently a 'Test Which Was Reason' thread on the Props forum made for a few of the 'claiments'....those who said 'I can pick any song made in Reason'. They ultimately failed badly. As was mentioned above, you can hear Reason made by someone who uses the stock patches and presets and doesn't know how to mix. So, these kinds of threads are ridiculous.

macbeat is offline Universal Soldier
    Thanks
    I'd like to see one of those tests here on FP and see how many people can guess which one was made in Reason.

hart36 is offline Universal Soldier
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by alkota View Post
    Ive been on Reason since ditching the MPC/Hardware workflow in 2007. Everyone assumes I use an MPC. The Reason "sound" is a ridiculous myth. It equates to poor mixing skills and people using the stock/factory sounds/soundbanks and not tweaking/mixing their music properly.

Yawnnnn. This topic is so lame and beat to death... time to get back to making music.
    exactly! and now he uses ableton. but nobodys going " oh flylos sick but his beats are not good quality cos of ableton/reason"
    [URL]http://soundcloud.com/9thlife[/URL]

JawadShabani is offline Registered User
    Thanks
    I love Reason and have been using it for 7 years. I agree with one of the posts; it is what you put into it. Propellerhead is a very prestigious company and they know what they are doing. My production in Reason sounds really good. It has to do with the sound card as well, by the way. Honestly, Reason has one of the best and most realistic stock sound banks I have ever seen. What is better now is the Rack Extensions in Reason 6.5. They are INCREDIBLE! Go check out the new compressor, new limiter, new equalizer, and the new effects they have on their website. Impeccable.

Upright is offline Reason 6
    Thanks
    Reason doesn't have a "sound"...its all in how you use it guys.

KileKanvas is offline Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by krushing View Post
    I definitely don't know when I hear Reason - I mean sure, if someone just uses the presets or, say, the really obvious graintables from Malström for example...then yeah, you can tell. But I don't think Reason has a sound - other than that directly associated to some of its devices.
    Same! I think its easier to tell FL then reason unless you really know what your doing like Lex Luger and Hit Boy.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information