Propellerhead Conference - I was there ! Check the News !

KlickBeatz

Predestinated.....
Hello Fam,

as promised I would write a detailed description on the conference here in Berlin Germany were I was.

This is what happened :

Well I wanted to take some pictures but unfortunately my cellphone cam is too $hitty to post any pics but to be honest even when they announced the new Product called "Record" I was not allowed to take any pictures, since its gonna be announced officially on monday.

There were some guests invited in the beginning showing what they do with reason, but mostly in the electronic game like DnB, something that didnt interest me and You propably at all.

Now to the new product - " RECORD "

Yes its called RECORD and to be honest it will not only blow you Reason users away but I am pretty sure that even the FL Studio Posse and Logic users will finally take it into consideration to guve this amazing production mashine a try.

Record will be availlable as a standalone application next to Reason...BUT it will not be stand alone !

It is gound to be a "SKIN" for the Reason 4 users so that you can use all the instruments from Reason 4 in RECORD only that RECORD will have the most amazing Sequencer, Mixer and effects...damn I saw it and I was like the guys in the video....truly amazing !

What they did was take and totally copy a complete SSL 9000 console and make it the new MAIN MIXER in Record. It was the first time when I heard the Demo song of the product and was totally blown away by the fattness and warmth of the sound. You will have the complete channelstrips of the console and the bux compressor like the original SSL console. You can even hear the subtile "shhhhhhhh" noise sound even when nothings playing just like in the real world...and thats what the true analogue sound is !!!!

But thats not all ...!!!!

Lets go to the sequencer and the audio stuff....

The sequencer somehow looks like the one from Reason 4 but overdesigned...you can now record audio in...even with the prelistening knob....and punch in record with automatically assigned lanes for all the takes you record. You can then select the area from the different takes...cut...fade...crossfade like in all DAWs ! Truly gorgeous !!!

Then they FU(Ked us uo by showing this !

They opened a premade production ( which sounded great really the bomb ! ) and did the following :

They raised the tempo and MAN ALL AUDIO TRULY TIMESTRECHED IN REALTIME WITH SUCH ACCURACY YOU WOULDNT BELIEVE IT !
They lowered the tempo and the algorithm ( which was developed by propellerhead themselves ) is really high professional and you couldnt hear a mistake or effect !

So be prepared to be the luckiest beatmakers to have started with propellerhead from the beginning and make sure you BUY it !!!

For all you crackheadz there will be a USB dongle protection and to be honest they deserved it to get protected.

Official Release date will be the magical number : 09-09-09 !!!

This is BeatMaking-Revolution !! Be ready for the Video on monday all over the net !

Propellerhead I love you !!! I tatoo your cubes on my ass ! Promised !

Peace

All the best

KB again ;)

P.S. Yeah I forgot to mention, that when you will save a record file all the audio effects etc. wil be saved within...so no more looking for vocal lines etc...you can also import export everything and I am not sure but a guy said something about track export for all tracks ! ;)

Last edited:
So it's basically Reason 4 with a new sequencer that includes audio support? No mention of vst? I'm sure Reason heads will like this, but I don't see how this will lure FL users, let alone Logic.

I'll believe it when i see/hear/feel the software for myself.

I'm not gonna jump into this without checking it out properly because shifting DAWs can be a HUGE undertaking for some.

Sounds dope.... I'll buy it if it's as good as you say. All I need is Redrum where I can use my own sounds, and I need VST... if it can do all that, then there is no more need for Cubase.

PS: To the OP... did you really tattoo the reason cubes on your ass......

How can u guys still talk about vsts...reason is something for itsself " its a program that no ****ty programed vst" will ever be able to touch...who needs vsts man...then u guys should just stick with other daws.

man i have pro tools.. VSTs are cool and all.. but honestly, i like Reasons soundbank and Vsts, i havent even really touched pro tools like that since i bought my mbox which was like 2 months ago

Sounds dope.... I'll buy it if it's as good as you say. All I need is Redrum where I can use my own sounds, and I need VST... if it can do all that, then there is no more need for Cubase.

PS: To the OP... did you really tattoo the reason cubes on your ass......

Yes...twice....on each side ! But the hole will remain untouched ;)

How can u guys still talk about vsts...reason is something for itsself " its a program that no ****ty programed vst" will ever be able to touch...who needs vsts man...then u guys should just stick with other daws.

If someone makes music with their favorite go-to guitar, you can't tell them to put away their guitar and never use it again, because there is something better. Just a simple analogy.

On a serious note... I use Omnisphere and philharmonik and I'm just saying that RECORD would be MUCH BETTER (to me) if I can use those within the program. That's all.

I think the price will be for both Reason 4 + Record 535 $ and Record alone something like 230 $ something like that !
But to be able to use the reason instruments in Record you will have to have Reason 4....although they implemented a general midi device for songwriters with about 128 instruments to be able to compose even without Reason .

If someone makes music with their favorite go-to guitar, you can't tell them to put away their guitar and never use it again, because there is something better. Just a simple analogy.

On a serious note... I use Omnisphere and philharmonik and I'm just saying that RECORD would be MUCH BETTER (to me) if I can use those within the program. That's all.

Its all good my freind...its just that Reason wouldnt be so special if it would use vsts just like every other program !!

Man I remember the sound !!! So AMAZING !

Dongle = No No!!!!!!!!if thats true then thats a dumb move for them ,it won't make people buy the software ,if anything it will push a chunk of customers away ,cuz im definitely not finna pay premium for software that depends on a dongle to work ,then when the dongle breaks or gets lost you gotta pay out of pocket for another one ,bump that......

Its all good my freind...its just that Reason wouldnt be so special if it would use vsts just like every other program !!

Man I remember the sound !!! So AMAZING !

Oh trust me... Reason would be EXTRA special lol.... the only reason I use Cubase is for recording and vsts... I started with Reason 3 and I fell in love... now I have Reason 4 and I'm still in love... but if RECORD is only going to cost 230, then I'm getting it regardles. That's a VERY reasonable price. Lol it actually sounds like a rip off compared to what you were saying about it.

Nothing against dongle, as long as it is different from dongles' like Cubase has. Any ideas on the street price???

Back