Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Pro Tools vs Ableton Live

axxed334 is offline Registered User

Pro Tools vs Ableton Live

Sign in to disable this ad
    Hi everyone..I am currently using Ableton Live 7 and thinking of moving to pro tools but i am confused does pro tools have the same kind of ease and functionality of ableton live?.. i mean in Live we have the whole "scenes" concept which composing really easy..does pro tools have this functionality cuz i ve heard pro tools is for post production. What does the term "Bus" stand for in terms of DAWs

Emerah is offline Registered User
    Dude, I have both. I never touch PT until I am done with everything production wise. in other words composition, arrangement, conversion to Audio and sometimes VST automation are all done in Live 8, then I import the audio into PT 8 for mixing and mastering later on.

this is the workflow I decided is best after long journey with PT. for production and storing ideas, I recommend staying with Live. if you are interested in PT then get it but just know if you use it for production, your workflow is only getting uncomfortable and uneasy.
    it never ends. it doesn't begin where you think it does. because it's only in your mind.

RodneyRuger is offline Registered User
    i do what i can do in pt8 in live...i happen to have both because i bought the mbox2 and it comes with it i hardly use pt8 but i would say its good if ur looking for that"mastering" environment but i learned to set up my live 8 and do just the same and i find live 8 to be more stable than protools ...and live 8 is very user friendly i use also pt8 doesnt use all the power in my axiom49 i.e. can midi control parameters in RTAS plugs....in live u can midi map anything on the screen just about i highly recommend live 8 if ur going for ease..and no pt8 does not have the scene concept i think its exlcusive to live but i use the traditional arrangement im so used to it

axxed334 is offline Registered User
    Thanx everyone..one question Emarah do u use rewire to import audio into pro tools?

Djnx is offline Registered User
    For music production, Ableton Live is easier and more oriented to that purpose. Pro Tools is just as good, but it requieres deep knowledge of the DAW. So I'd stay with Live unless you are having problems with it, or if you want to try another DAW for creating music, I'd go with FL Studio.

edge0125 is offline Registered User
    Ableton Live is amazing. I do everything from producing to mixing/mastering on Live; its just a really powerful software.

Gcraz is offline Heffay
    Quote Originally Posted by edge0125 View Post
    Ableton Live is amazing. I do everything from producing to mixing/mastering on Live; its just a really powerful software.
    yep .
    soundcloud.com/heffay

Lorenzo Burton is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by Gcraz View Post
    yep .
    Yes sir! Ableton nailed it. I'm truly happy with it.

keepinitreal is offline Registered User
    Simple........
    If you want to work like a Pro learn & use Pro Tools........
    If you want to work like a DJ use Live........
    Last edited by keepinitreal; 02-20-2011 at 05:04 PM.
    PARIS <- - -> DETROIT

krushing is offline Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by keepinitreal View Post
    If you want to work like a DJ use Live........
    This "dj" thing just keeps tagging along when Live's focus shifted from being a "dj tool" into the DAW territory around version 3. Yes, the features are still there, but there isn't any necessity to "work like a dj" with Live.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information