Pro Tools 8 Structure Problem

Kavie

a.k.a. Bishop Jackson
I'm waiting on a response from Digidesign, but I doubt I'll get it within the next two days and I have a session that I need to re-open to work on this Sunday. So if anyone could be of any help it would be greatly appreciated.

Here's the problem. I haven't opened up Pro Tools in about 1 week, maybe 2. I haven't had any problems with Pro Tools 8 since I installed it, this is the first. I launch Pro Tools tonight and everything seemed to be alright, but during loading the plug-ins (at the splash screen) it froze while loading Xpand!, so I restart and try again, same thing. So I uninstall and reinstall, and this time it freezes while trying to load Structure; uninstall and reinstall two more times, same problem; freezes while loading Structure.

I don't know what this is. I'm thinking it some kind of Windows Update that was installed that messed something up. But if this is not the problem, I think that uninstalling Xpand! and/or Structure would eliminate this; since I don't use either of these this shouldn't bother me at all. But is there a way to do so? Either uninstall them or stop them from being installed when installing Pro Tools (but without stopping all other plug-ins from being installed, which is what would happen if I choose the option to not install plu-ins)?

I need to have Pro Tools back up and running by Sunday afternoon. Again, any help would be greatly appreciated.

I figured out the problem. Microsoft's behind it again.

For all you PC users out there, if you're running Pro Tools, DO NOT install Internet Explorer 8. The exact cause hasn't been figured out yet, but this is the cause of the problem that I had. You can read more about it by clicking the link below.

http://duc.digidesign.com/showthread.php?t=243183

Back