Please Vote: Pro Tools LE 7.4 / Cubase 4.1 / Logic Studio 8.0.1 / Reason 4 / Other

Please choose your preferred DAW(s) amongst the 3 latest:

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
ok i was wonderin wat is better .. cool edit pro 2.0
or pro tools
and y is wat better than the other/?????

I loooove pro-tools. But I recently found out that most Digidesign products, have crappy warrenty. My M-Box 2 Pro Factory interface stopped working one day...for no reason. I called digidesign to see if I could get it fixed, and they charged me $3 a minute to connect with a tech!!! So overall...go with Cubase. It's a very flexible product that is coupled with interfaces that have *real* warranties. You get unlimited channels. You really can't loose. Until Digidesign updates it's s.o.p when it comes to customer service, I won't be ****ing with them ever again. I just flushed $900+ on that piece of ****.

yes but say i have a choice of wich one i wana use .
cuz ive been usin cool edit pro

do u think it makes a difference . on da program
if so . why pro tools over cool edit .?

I used Cubase VST 5 back in the day.
Then moved onto Pro Tools.
Since my PC crapped out on me for the very last time, I got a Mac Book Pro with Logic 8. Now I'm never going back to the other 2.
Logic is the sheeit!!!!

Logic's got the best interface, hands down. It feels clean, runs smooth on my MacBook Pro, and is very minimal...Much unlike Digital Performer, which I'm currently using (but not for long!). DP has context menus all over the place, and is generally hard to find your way around in. I'd rather use it for film scoring, however, and save Logic for my own compositions.

REASON, SONAR 7, & CoolEditPro (been using cool edit for all my editing needs for a long time so I stuck with it, real simple) I just started using reason 4 and its now my favorite program. I just got Sonar 7 two days ago and will start testing it

How is Sonar 7 not listed up there? The only ones that really should be listed are Cubase, Logic, Reason and Sonar. Live is powerful too...why the heck is Protools on there? Cuz of the name? lol

I've never used a version of Protools LE that ever came close to competing with the abilities of the programs listed above...The only time protools has been useful for me was when I used the real thing...ProTools HD. If you're using LE you're just limiting your production abilities by not upgrading to one of those other DAWs.

Who knows, maybe the ones who use protools LE just two-way their beats and slap on some vocals haha. (I know it can do a lot more than that. I'm just sayin it's a ways away from the other DAWs capabilities)

NoVA Entertainment said:
The only ones that really should be listed are Cubase, Logic, Reason and Sonar. Live is powerful too...why the heck is Protools on there? Cuz of the name? lol

Wouldn't it make most sense to list all potential software packages? If only a few "should" be listed, the poll is not as good as it could be.

There are many software packages missing from this poll, like it usually goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back