NNXT vs. Dr. Rex

one is a multisampler and one is a rex file loop player. depends on what i'm doing, sometimes it calls for the dr.rex, other times it calls for the nnxt. the nnxt gives you more controls over individual slices/samples where as the rex player is limited on editing individual slices/samples. you can also load samples and rex slices in the nn19 and the redrum. hit the help menu and read up on the modules so you can know what they do and how to use them. there is nothing like getting it from the horses mouth as opposed to other cats on FP who probably didn't read the manual either.
LevLove

Last edited:
NNXT since i can trigger samples like an MPC, dr.rex is great for on point sequencing but i think it takes the soul out of the process.

what you mean trigger samples like an mpc? you mean with note on? cause you can do that with dr rex too

LevLover said:
one is a multisampler and one is a rex file loop player. depends on what i'm doing, sometimes it calls for the dr.rex, other times it calls for the nnxt. the nnxt gives you more controls over individual slices/samples where as the rex player is limited on editing individual slices/samples. you can also load samples and rex slices in the nn19 and the redrum. hit the help menu and read up on the modules so you can know what they do and how to use them. there is nothing like getting it from the horses mouth as opposed to other cats on FP who probably didn't read the manual either.
LevLove
levlover gives the science,no better way to say it

Yeah, well I got a question.
In FL you got an option (FL slicer) called 'play to end'. Does the NNXT or the Dr.Rex got this option? Haven't been able to find it.

just means that, if you hold your key on the keyboard the sample keeps playing (so goes from chop to chop on etc)

IJMcG said:
what you mean trigger samples like an mpc? you mean with note on? cause you can do that with dr rex too
the rex gives you that odd distortion towards the end of your cuts, its annoying when your want to lay down just that one slice by itself.

you know any ways to get rid of that overlap or whatever that is at the end of the .rex slices?

Last edited by a moderator:
nah i've just been setting release like halfway/ a little under halfway so all my samples fade of smoothly but quick if i wanna do just a one hit, then you can't really play it like an mpc tho

Getting rid of overlap

the rex gives you that odd distortion towards the end of your cuts, its annoying when your want to lay down just that one slice by itself.

you know any ways to get rid of that overlap or whatever that is at the end of the .rex slices?

In order to get rid of the overlap you can lower the polyphony to 1 so that it mutes the first key as soon as u cue the next key. Or just raise or lower the sample release so that it cuts off when u want it to.

Back