mpc2000xl w/ yamaha PSR550(to MIDI or not to MIDI, that is the question)

S

Shogun

O.k... I've had the keyboard for a while, and know how to record on it. I've had the MPC for about a month now, gettin the hang of that too. Before the MPC I was sequencing on my computer w/ fruity loops. When I wanted to add a synth track of my own I would record it on the keyboard, maybe quantize it, then sample it and drop it in to fruity loops... as long as the phrase wasn't that long and I trimmed it well, it would sync fine.now I suppose I could do the same with the MPC..... but my friend keeps screaming "MIDI!!!", but whenever I read about it I get frustrated. What advantages would I have.... and how would I hook up and configure the two? Any help would be great.
Shogun

k, ironically, right after I posted this I found a great site that was explaining a lot. What I discovered is that I don't want my MPC controlling my yamaha or vice versa..... I think the only real advantage to having them hooked together would be to be able to record my keyboard stuff on my keyboard....my MPC stuff on my MPC.... but have them PLAY together. I hope that makes my mission clearer.
Shogun

aight mission accomplished.....it's all about the MIDI clock. woo! thanx for all the replies(tongue in cheek).

Last edited by a moderator:
Question for you!

I'm glad you discovered the answers to your setup questions. That seq. here, sample there must have been a nightmare. I still sample synths for efx/space sometime--like the bass station, but I digress....Can I ask what website enlightened you, 'gun? I'm lookin' for more info on the MP myself....one atlien

man, I've been rackin my brain for like 15 minutes str8 and I can't remember the damn site. If I think of it I will definitely let you know.

Back