More Aux Sends in Reason Mixer

afromojo

I'm using reason 5 and I have used the 4 aux sends that are on the mixer. My issue is I can use these knobs for 4 effects but how do I add , more effects? Say I have 6 effects I want to use on the 14 channels. What would I connect and where to do this?

Last edited:
It's time to upgrade. With Reason 7, you will get the new mixer which has 8 aux sends, and much better eq curves based on the SSL mixer. You'll also get the Master Bus Compressor, and access to all of the new Rack Extensions. If you really like using Reason, you're doing yourself a disservice by not upgrading.

reason-parallels-eq-630-80.jpg

yes you could upgrade to 7 but if upgrading is not a option right now use the following approach

route the aux send from each of the 4 sends to a separate combinator
in that combinator add an audio splitter that connects to the inputs of 4 or more fx units
return the outputs of each fx unit to a another 14:2 mixer or line 6 mixer (your choice)
route the return of each of the combinators to the aux return on the original 14:2 mixer

if you want more control on levels sent to each of the sub fx you may want to put a 14:2 mixer in front rather than an audio splitter

enjoy

yes you could upgrade to 7 but if upgrading is not a option right now use the following approach

route the aux send from each of the 4 sends to a separate combinator
in that combinator add an audio splitter that connects to the inputs of 4 or more fx units
return the outputs of each fx unit to a another 14:2 mixer or line 6 mixer (your choice)
route the return of each of the combinators to the aux return on the original 14:2 mixer

if you want more control on levels sent to each of the sub fx you may want to put a 14:2 mixer in front rather than an audio splitter

enjoy

Back