MIDI Interface Problem in Logic.....

T

tech

When I first intalled Logic, my Out port from my MIDI Interface (Midisport) was included in the list in Logic where you choose where the MIDI instrument is coming from (left side on Arrange under Instr name)

then I uninstalled my MIDI interface and reinstalled it and it is no longer showing......is there anywhere in Logic where I have to tell it to look for the MIDI interface? the only thing is shows now is "No Driver" and "Microsoft GW Wave Synth"

thanks....:D

LADS

Have you tried re-selecting the relevant driver in your LADS setup? Dont know if this will help or not but its worth a try.

Adam

Re: LADS

Adam said:
Have you tried re-selecting the relevant driver in your LADS setup? Dont know if this will help or not but its worth a try.

Adam

thanks Adam but can you explain that a little further.......I'm very new to Logic......what is the LADS setup? :D

sorry tech,

ok, you should have emagic as an option in your start up windows pop up menu.

Here you should see a launch option for the version of Logic you are using, a plug in enabler option, LADS and a few other bits and pieces.

LADS stands for Logic Audio Device Setup and it is here that you basically tell the program which audio devices you want it to use whilst the program is operational.

What you need to do is create a New Virtual Device (which is basically a collection of drivers/devices used in every session of Logic that you run) which should be located on the left of the setup box.

On the right of the box should be a list of audio devices on your system in 2 sections (Ins & Outs i think...) all you need to do is double click on the devices you want to use which should then automatically allocate them to your new virtual device....exit this program and it will automatically save.

Obviously, i dont know specifically what audio devices and drivers you have on your system so it may take a bit of trial and error until things start happening as they should in Logic.

it may be that because you de-installed the midi interface that the relevant device has been removed from this list...in which choose "Scan for Devices" (or something similar) which should then find the one thats been re-installed.

I may be barking up the wrong tree here all together so I aplogise in advance if this doesn't prove to be a good solution...worth a go though! ;-)

Peace
Adam

okay I see what you're saying now Adam......thanks again for the help.......I'll give that a shot tonight......::fingers crossed:: :)

Adam said:
sorry tech,

ok, you should have emagic as an option in your start up windows pop up menu.

Here you should see a launch option for the version of Logic you are using, a plug in enabler option, LADS and a few other bits and pieces.

LADS stands for Logic Audio Device Setup and it is here that you basically tell the program which audio devices you want it to use whilst the program is operational.

What you need to do is create a New Virtual Device (which is basically a collection of drivers/devices used in every session of Logic that you run) which should be located on the left of the setup box.

On the right of the box should be a list of audio devices on your system in 2 sections (Ins & Outs i think...) all you need to do is double click on the devices you want to use which should then automatically allocate them to your new virtual device....exit this program and it will automatically save.

Obviously, i dont know specifically what audio devices and drivers you have on your system so it may take a bit of trial and error until things start happening as they should in Logic.

it may be that because you de-installed the midi interface that the relevant device has been removed from this list...in which choose "Scan for Devices" (or something similar) which should then find the one thats been re-installed.

I may be barking up the wrong tree here all together so I aplogise in advance if this doesn't prove to be a good solution...worth a go though! ;-)

Peace
Adam

hey Adam I couldn't find anything called Logic Audio Device Setup.......I am using the Gold Version, not Platinum......that may be why. ya think? :confused:

yeah, that might have something to do with it....i dunno!

what is the midi interface that you are using?

Do you have a midi instrument set up in your environment window for it also and does it show up as an instrument in the arrange window.

Im just thinkin out loud here...i aint no expert myself but im trying to cover all the possibilities that come into my head!!

I'm using a Midiman Midisport 2x2

I can set up MIDI instruments but when I want to set the "out" driver, like "Out-A Midisport", it doesn't give me those options in the drop down box. Only "no driver" and "Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth"

the odd thing is, it worked fine before with the same equipment and PC........I think in Win2k, the Microsoft Wavetable synth is built in and it appears it took the place of my MIDI interface drivers on sort of a "first come, first serve" basis where whichever is recognized first gets listed and both the interface and the MS synth can't exist together.......haven't a clue on how to fix it though.......maybe I'll just swith operating systems altogether lol thanks again Adam.

:D

ok, maybe try going into the windows control panel/device manager and disabling the wavetable synth drivers and then re-install the drivers for your midiman?

its worth a shot...if that dont work then im afraid (without being rude) i haven't a fecking clue :confused:

Adam said:
ok, maybe try going into the windows control panel/device manager and disabling the wavetable synth drivers and then re-install the drivers for your midiman?

its worth a shot...if that dont work then im afraid (without being rude) i haven't a fecking clue :confused:

I took a look last night but couldn't find them........I'll look more closely later but they might be some implicit Windows bs......we'll see......

:cheers:

Back