Midi Express XT USB vs Midex 8

M

mosquito

so i'm looking at getting a midi interface for my set up....i'm running cubase 5.1 and i'm wondering if anyone has any experience using either unit....the Midex 8 is about $65 more at mac midi music so i'm wondering if there are any real advantages (lower latency, easier configuration, etc etc) between the two.....i have no intentions of switching away from cubase because it suits my needs perfectly and i'm extremely comfortable with it.....hence the reason i'm wondering if the extra $65 will really pay off that much when integrating it with cubase(both now and in the longer run)....

the other thing to consider is that i'll probably need to use the interface when i "empty" the studio to do live shows, so i'm wondering if one might be better for that as well....

thanks

I have heard bad things about MOTU stuff - short warranty & such. Look at the MIDIMAN 8 - I decided on it after comparing it with the MIDEX8 - the MIDEX8 cannot do live - it is an interface only, not a patchbay. I use cubase and thought that the precise timing would be good on the MIDEX8, but I needed the Live Patchbay flexibility more. BTW - I got it for $220.00 new on ebay . . . hope this helps . . .

well that rules out the steinbergs midex 8.....i can't find any information on if the motu interface can run as a live midi patchbay.....i use to use a motu interface and was always really happy with it (but the mac i used it on was an SE and as much as i've tried my blue and white g3 just won't see it....but what can i expect right? :) )......

thanks for the info!

Back