Looking for a new program...

Cobalt

Yo chek this, booya kasha,

Ok, I have been using reason 4.0 for about 2 years and I want to record my bass guitar into reason with my music. As you all know, reason is the worst program to try to record "real" instruments with, so....

I am looking for a program that has all the synths (thor) and drum machines and midi sequencer for those synths, as well recording capabilities WITHIN ITSELF, I dont want to have close out and open somthing else just to record.

What would you reccommend?

-Cobalt

i havent tried it yet, but u might wanna look into propellerhead's newest product record, since u like reason, look it up. it seems pretty cool

that couldnt have been a serious post.

Anyone using reason should know by now that "RECORD" is Propellerheads newest product an dis on the way.

If your a registered user, they send you updates on all the programs and refills, so how could someone miss this ? ? ?

Damn the Pirates

Last edited:
but how does record work with the songs you have already made in reason??? Can you open them in record??? I dont get how this works since record and reason 4.0 are two different programs.

but how does record work with the songs you have already made in reason??? Can you open them in record??? I dont get how this works since record and reason 4.0 are two different programs.

I am not trying to be disrespectful but you are plainly not reading the website or watching the free demo videos on reasons/ propellerheads site.

RECORD - will detect Reason on your computer and basically rewire both programs together automatically. It does not rewire VST going in, but can be rewired going out.

For what you asked though..... Yes if you have Reason and buy Record they work together with Reason being virtually inside record.

It will let you play and edit your previous reason sessions as long as you have them both installed on your computer.
You still have all your effects and personal custom patches and settings plus a few new ones. Also 2 new instruments and 2 new effects and 1 new mixer.

If only RECORD is installed then you don't have Reason capabilities.
It requires both.
If you don't need Reason - the RECORD program still works by itself.

Long Story Short: Reason + Record = Reason with Audio In/Out,

Final Note:
Read watch and study or you will be extremely lost and waste tons of money and time. The basic info is on any home website of a VST or DAW, start there then ask questions

Last edited:
now this would be interesting because i was looking for a daw, now i have to find out if it takes 3rd party vsts and if it do i might be sold, (wow thia is a expenive craft LOL)

that couldnt have been a serious post.

Anyone using reason should know by now that "RECORD" is Propellerheads newest product an dis on the way.

If your a registered user, they send you updates on all the programs and refills, so how could someone miss this ? ? ?

Damn the Pirates

HAHA there are ways that people tell on themselves JUST BE GLAD THEY DON"T PROSECUTE THE WAY THEY THREATEN LOL

now this would be interesting because i was looking for a daw, now i have to find out if it takes 3rd party vsts and if it do i might be sold, (wow thia is a expenive craft LOL)

record, like reason, doesn't support vst plugins.

but it still looks pretty ill as a simple recording interface.

Yo chek this, booya kasha,

Ok, I have been using reason 4.0 for about 2 years and I want to record my bass guitar into reason with my music. As you all know, reason is the worst program to try to record "real" instruments with, so....

I am looking for a program that has all the synths (thor) and drum machines and midi sequencer for those synths, as well recording capabilities WITHIN ITSELF, I dont want to have close out and open somthing else just to record.

What would you reccommend?

-Cobalt

just like Obi said rewire reason into reaper then you can also use vsts with your projects.

Back