Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Logic VS. Reason

kcpoet is offline Registered User
    Thanks

Logic VS. Reason

Sign in to disable this ad
    I have a MAC and just wondering which program I should get. I make my own beats and was wondering what the major differences are between the 2. Also am I good to go with logic express or would i need to go with Logic 7. My boy uses reason and thats what he says I should get. For the most part I use Garage band. So I'm pretty clueless and they ain't cheap, so would someone share their intellect on this matter? Much appreciation!

bobsmitt is offline Insane FP Patriot
    Thanks
    uh well i'm a MAC guy too and i have tried both software and it seems that Logic is more loop based like Garageband and Reason is more creation of you own music rather than loops

fucawallaby is offline Registered User
    Thanks
    i too use a mac for production. and have just started using logic pro 7. i mainly use it for recording and mastering, but have just started recording beats for a friend of mine. its brilliant loads of voices to choose from as standard and its easy to sample beats etc from where ever. i have to admit ive not used reason but logic is great. i'd also recomend a look at ableton live a lot of top producers are using it from daft punk to sacha, even mr mark ronson.

good luck either way

n.eatwell

NPE AE

Sqito is offline 輪唱する
    Thanks
    imho is comparing logic to reason like comparing cubase to FL.
    either one has its own purpose therefor its own advantages & disadvantages.
    Last edited by Sqito; 12-09-2005 at 11:22 AM.

Ulterior is offline Registered User
    Thanks
    Logic 7 Pro. It has everything you need in software, but is short on samples. Has synths infinatly better then reasons. Add some sample library like sample tank or an orchestra thing and you set. Personaly I have them both. If your on a tight budget get reason, 199$ for the academic version (same as full). Just know you wont have the same power or be able to record.

wuSHUMast3r is offline Registered User
    Thanks
    Originally posted by bobsmitt
    uh well i'm a MAC guy too and i have tried both software and it seems that Logic is more loop based like Garageband and Reason is more creation of you own music rather than loops
    That is completely untrue. You obviously haven't tried either of the programs, or you'd know that you can make your own original music. Unless you're a big sample guy, Logic (and even Garageband) are amazing programs. I make my beats using a MIDI keyboard, drum pad, and Logic/Garageband. Recording on Garageband is so simple, but it's only a beginner program. Logic is a much more powerful program than Reason, but the learning curve is a lot higher.

Cameron Thomas is offline Registered User
    Thanks
    Originally posted by Sqito
    imho is comparing logic to reason like comparing cubase to FL.
    either one has its own purpose therefor its own advantages & disadvantages.
    YUP. Apples and oranges really. Also saying that Logic's synths are infinintley better than reason's is a bit of an exageration. Maybe logics synths have better presets. Also I'm not sure about the latest version of logic but I do know that the past versions had a pretty steep learning curve. Especially compared to something like Reason which you can basically start making tracks within 15 minutes of installing it.
    Cameron Thomas Productions

"Let me catch you abusing the culture I adore and I'll come across the hall and get involved"

e.trueh is offline Registered User
    Thanks
    Can reason be rewired into Logic?

L. A. Stone is offline Registered User
    Thanks
    It's an interesting comparison. When I think about it, Logic has a lot of what makes Reason interesting, but Logic might actually be beating Reason out and still neck and neck on pricing. Reason's strengths are low resource usage, decent stock sounds and instruments, and clever routing that's fun to work with. Logic beats Reason all day long on the quality and quantity of it's instruments and same for FX, has far more sample content, and is remarkably resource friendly. It doesn't have the jiggly wires like Reason though. If anyone had to choose between those two, I'd recommend Logic. Reason is cool, but Logic will do more for you. A whole lot more. The two products, although costing more or less the same, are entirely different products because Reason really is just doing it's own thing. There's nothing else really like Reason. Logic is a major workstation like Cubase and Sonar.

Darko is offline Reanimator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by e.trueh
    Can reason be rewired into Logic?

Yes it can
    The b**** in u makes u run for cover when I spit at u. Man to man zone Allen Iverson couldn't dribble through. Rapid-fire syllables. U gotta bribe me wit' a mil or 2 to keep me from killin' u with the lyrical.

Canibus

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information