Logic pro x

I'm not sold yet. There are some cool new features like the flex pitch, and the MIDI FX and some new synths.
I make dance music myself so I will probably never use the drummer function. Btw, I find it a bit childish that they gave the drummers a name, but as long as it functions I guess.

Also the remote function is fun but is it really nessecary?

Overall I do not think it will be worth my money. Too few usefull extra's for this price

Last edited:
been checking this out... thanks for looking into it for us, man.

i've been using a crack of LP9 since i started about 9 months ago, and i am pretty pleased with it for the most part...

i make hip-hop and some dance music - my biggest frustration with LP is live performance. it just doesn't seem to flow like i think it should - using my midi controllers is more of a pain in the ass than anything.

i love logic but these difficulties make me increasingly more tempted to move to something like Ableton, i wonder if LPX is more accommodating for the live performer?

Been using it for about a week, and I love it. I'm completely new to the Logic series and this wasn't a disappointment. I recently converted from an MPC+reason based PC set up.

Its very nice for beat arrangement, I even had to bounce stems from Presonus Studio One 2 because of the increased stability in LPX.

... is there a way to toggle between starting record from last point of record start

Apologies at bumping this thread i guess but i remember this conversation and it turns out there's a better way of doing this than i mentioned. Open up the key commands and search for record repeat. You'll see the dot next to the entry indicating that the option is available as a key command only.

Yes. I love the flextime. That was pivitable. Just having problems finding compatable vsts. I miss nexus and gladiator

I'm pretty sure both nexus and gladiator are available as a 64 bit au.

Thats the only thing that annoys me is that you gotta use 3rd party plugins to work 32 bit ones.

I upgraded to mountain lion and LPX ran it for a week then went back to Snow Leopard and LP9 simply because alot of the plugins i had were 32 bit. (Alot of unknown ones)
Other than that i think its awesome and once these plugins go 64 im going straight back.

Thats the only thing that annoys me is that you gotta use 3rd party plugins to work 32 bit ones.
That is the simplest thing in the world so it beats me why you wanna get annoyed by it.
Just run your 32-bit plugs through the 32 lives plugin once and they will all act like 64 bit plugs in the Logic X 64-bit interface.
No more need to restart 32lives. Its dead simple and takes seconds.

Your anger should go to 32 bit developers that are SOO slow converting to the future, +32 bit.

Last edited:
That is the simplest thing in the world so it beats me why you wanna get annoyed by it.
Just run your 32-bit plugs through the 32 lives plugin once and they will all act like 64 bit plugs in the Logic X 64-bit interface.
No more need to restart 32lives. Its dead simple and takes seconds.

Your anger should go to 32 bit developers that are SOO slow converting to the future, +32 bit.

Oh no im not angry at all i love the program, i do however, wish that these developers would hurry up and get with the times.

Back