kongs drum library in reason 5 is sick!!!!

As far as stock kits i always Put battery in high praises. But so far i think kong has it i like the preset better the best kits will always be those that are custom made. BUT REMEMBER THIS IS JUST MY OPINION NOT FACT.

Last edited:
As far as stock kits i always Put battery in high praises. But so far i think kong has it i like the preset better the best kits will always be those that are custom made. BUT REMEMBER THIS IS JUST MY OPINION NOT FACT.

I gotcha bro. I am loving this Kong and the blocks I enjoy very much. That Kong is the joint though you were right. I can't wait for those tutorials to come oh man Ima go in deep.

there is no doubt that Reason is a "nice" program...

check these videos and follow how this individual routes the devices. i do not believe "some" ("some" and "all" are different; i am using the word "some") of these R+R user know the product this well...

another point (from a Reason 5/Record 1.5) owner, that is allot work to get your drums to sound nice....

[video=youtube;OMEqtoCsYls&NR=1]video[/video]

wow!!!!

that is allot of power (12 core)!!!!

i run R+R on my p4 3.04 2 gig lappy...

Whenever I read articles about professionals and what equipment they have, they never have the newest, latest, greatest, of anything. I always figure they spend much more time using their equipment and don't have time to be on top of what is coming out next, therefore they are more productive. Makes sense when you think about it.

Whenever I read articles about professionals and what equipment they have, they never have the newest, latest, greatest, of anything. I always figure they spend much more time using their equipment and don't have time to be on top of what is coming out next, therefore they are more productive. Makes sense when you think about it.

my question is why buy a 12 core machine with 16 GB of RAM to run R+R?

both products are 32-bit apps....

the most RAM you can use is 2.7 GB...

now if i was to open 6 instances of omnisphere a 12 core machine with 16 GB of RAM would be ideal....

Kong does come with some good kits.

I like how easy it is to tweak the sounds and now how you can lock your pad controller (or any controller) to it to keep playing the drums while also playing the melody.

my question is why buy a 12 core machine with 16 GB of RAM to run R+R?

both products are 32-bit apps....

the most RAM you can use is 2.7 GB...

now if i was to open 6 instances of omnisphere a 12 core machine with 16 GB of RAM would be ideal....

If you have a 12 core machine with 16 gb of ram and are running 64 bit OS your computer will allow the program to use 3gb of ram by it's self and your computer will continue to use the other 13 gb of ram for other processes and Reason and Record are both designed to take full advantage of multi-core processing.

who says i just use reason and record. thats my main tool but i also create music in logic, and protools. i do alot of mixing other people records in pro tools and logic. i prefer reason record for my own personal music. plus im starign to get into video production. im trying to create a one stop shop for clients. so i feel need a computer that going to last me over the years.

If you have a 12 core machine with 16 gb of ram and are running 64 bit OS your computer will allow the program to use 3gb of ram by it's self and your computer will continue to use the other 13 gb of ram for other processes and Reason and Record are both designed to take full advantage of multi-core processing.

you are right...

everyone works differently...

for me i only use my studio machine for music production. i only run one of two apps at a time on my studio machine (live 8 or cubase 5.5). i run R+R on my P4 3.04 GB lappy...

with that being said if i was planning to run R+R with other apps then i could see having a 12 core/16 GB machine...

one of Reason's main features in my opinion is that it does run light...

---------- Post added at 08:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:05 PM ----------

who says i just use reason and record. thats my main tool but i also create music in logic, and protools. i do alot of mixing other people records in pro tools and logic. i prefer reason record for my own personal music. plus im starign to get into video production. im trying to create a one stop shop for clients. so i feel need a computer that going to last me over the years.

my comment was geared towards someone else...

Last edited:
Reason does go pretty hard tho...

but at the end of the day, i'd recommend BOUNCING .WAVz and importing them into an actual D.A.W. (for numerous reasons)

i think i'm gonna roll w/ Presonus Studio One > Record...(at least that's the idea) and then if i don't like S1, just roll w/ Ableton (which i prolly shoulda been using since day one)

you are right...

everyone works differently...

for me i only use my studio machine for music production. i only run one of two apps at a time on my studio machine (live 8 or cubase 5.5). i run R+R on my P4 3.04 GB lappy...

I didn't know you used Cubase. I'm still on Cubase 4. I've been a Cubase user since probably 1999. I use a handful of other things too, but Cubase is my main application. I might wait til Cubase 6 to upgrade but I think that Cubase 5 was the best update of Cubase for as long as I've been using it.

hmmm, Cubase...

i never heard too much bad stuff about Cubase...

I've been using Cubase for over 3 years and its a pretty solid program. I upgraded to 5 just for the Batch export and it has been a super time saver....

I still make beats in reason too though...

Wish reason had batch export....

Back