Just Got Reason 5 (Commercial Version)

Da N.O.C. yessir ! hopefully i can juggle time with ochem hw & RnR.

X, that's weird..... I selected the free shipping (Airmail) option.
I actualy found out today they didnt ship any grace period upgrades until the 25th and mine went out today. Give it a week or so and I should have my copy. At least thats how long it took for me to get my free Recycle disk a couple months ago.

---------- Post added at 11:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:24 PM ----------

Yeah I hear you X.
On the real I was thinking about that, not upgrading because it's like when you look at what I got, what the heck can they come with next that will make me say ":bigeyes: OH MY DAM I GOTTA UPGRADE" lol 2.0 has to have a fat out of this world new Reverb/Delay system that is just bananas, more powerful editing tools, or a new hot synth that has the hot libary. Something like that will make me upgrade. But I know what will really make PH a mint is that midi out, boooooy if they do that whewwwwwwwwww!
i dont want much more from props except midi out. I would love to be able to totally sync my hardware to Record for the times when i do decide want to use them and just do everything with midi right in Record. Thats the ideal for me. A true FM synth would be nice though.

I actualy found out today they didnt ship any grace period upgrades until the 25th and mine went out today. Give it a week or so and I should have my copy. At least thats how long it took for me to get my free Recycle disk a couple months ago.

---------- Post added at 11:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:24 PM ----------

i dont want much more from props except midi out. I would love to be able to totally sync my hardware to Record for the times when i do decide want to use them and just do everything with midi right in Record. Thats the ideal for me. A true FM synth would be nice though.

puuuusllllllllllllllllshhhhhhhhh man if they add midi out forget about it! I am going to connect my Motif XS up to it. Yeah I hear that, I know you will do your thing you got some nice beats. Man I was playing with this virus, OHHHHHHHHHH MY GAWWWWWWWWWD! :bigeyes: MMMMMMANNNNN I LOVE THAT JOINT! I got my eye on that piece lol I mean my MOtif is the ish but that Virus wheeeeeeewwwwwww buddy! I want one mo piece of hardware, and that Virus got my attention like a mofo.

Yo hold up how in the hell did you get a free copy of Recycle? LOL who you know ? lol :monkey:

Last edited:
Yo hold up how in the hell did you get a free copy of Recycle? LOL who you know ? lol :monkey:
i had a "nigga moment" with craig walsh and he sent me one. it wasnt 100% free i did buy a used copy props just didnt recognize for at first. but it was a legit used copy well the license was legit the cd was burned and now its given away to the homie Mo Bucks.

the upgrade process for people who purchased resaon/record during the grace period is a god damn disaster. props basically misled a lot of customers and a lot of people are angry (head over to the official forums where the fanboys are doing their best to defend propellerheads).

there are people who are being told they will not get their product for up to 6 weeks. that is not on. there are also problems with double printing of the registration number with the license number missing.

why wasn't a god damn digital download offered? again this is 2010. this cannot be a policy against piracy because reason 5 doesn't even have the dongle. plus my reason license is already on my propellerheads ignition key. why couldn't a digital upgrade for the product be at least possible? the record 1.5 upgrade was a download. i know record has the dongle but why have 1 product that requires a dongle and another that doesn't? especially if it is going to cause hassle during the upgrading process.

i did get my copy on friday morning, but i am annoyed for all the people who were left confused by propellerheads. they basically told people if they purchased during the grace period they would get a free upgrade. unfortunately they buried the fine print deep in their website. and what's more annoying is the lunatics over at the props forum defending every single thing the props do. i visit that forum and website nearly everyday and i was unaware of the complicated upgrading process for people who were ENTITLED to avail of the free upgrade until a couple of days ago.

some physical retail outlets didn't even know this deal was happening again leaving consumers in no man's land.

---------- Post added at 01:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:17 PM ----------

did i mention you had to purchase reason/record from a "registered" dealer? who the hell are these dealers and where can i get a list of them. what a god damn sham.

the upgrade process for people who purchased resaon/record during the grace period is a god damn disaster. props basically misled a lot of customers and a lot of people are angry (head over to the official forums where the fanboys are doing their best to defend propellerheads).

there are people who are being told they will not get their product for up to 6 weeks. that is not on. there are also problems with double printing of the registration number with the license number missing.

why wasn't a god damn digital download offered? again this is 2010. this cannot be a policy against piracy because reason 5 doesn't even have the dongle. plus my reason license is already on my propellerheads ignition key. why couldn't a digital upgrade for the product be at least possible? the record 1.5 upgrade was a download. i know record has the dongle but why have 1 product that requires a dongle and another that doesn't? especially if it is going to cause hassle during the upgrading process.

i did get my copy on friday morning, but i am annoyed for all the people who were left confused by propellerheads. they basically told people if they purchased during the grace period they would get a free upgrade. unfortunately they buried the fine print deep in their website. and what's more annoying is the lunatics over at the props forum defending every single thing the props do. i visit that forum and website nearly everyday and i was unaware of the complicated upgrading process for people who were ENTITLED to avail of the free upgrade until a couple of days ago.

some physical retail outlets didn't even know this deal was happening again leaving consumers in no man's land.

---------- Post added at 01:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:17 PM ----------

did i mention you had to purchase reason/record from a "registered" dealer? who the hell are these dealers and where can i get a list of them. what a god damn sham.
i am one of those angry grace period buyers and yes you are right people have been defending how props have been doing this upgrade thing for the past month or so. They act like we owe props money or something.

just walked in the house from school about ten minutes ago...guess what was on the kitchen counter waiting for me......:monkey:

crushing a couple of hours of ochem hw down to 1hr so i can play with my new toy ! :)

Personally i never heard of a 8 gig digital download since that was reason 5 is. The problem with people is they want everything in a rush now im not defending props. But thats a line 6 issue not props....

Back