Just got Pro tools first time and can't open!!!

Bro...where did you get Pro Tools from. The software comes with the interface.

This is very funny.

But I've come to this, and hopefully I'm right because it'll help his (the OP) case a little.

He never stated what version of Pro Tools he has, LE or M-Powered, and he doesn't know what interface he's using. I'm going to go with, he bought Pro Tools M-Powered since this doesn't come with an interface.

DaNOC said:
You need an interface, Digi designed it so it's PT software only works with their software and M-Audio interface being they bought out M -Audio.

Don't know why, but it just bugs me when I see this, ha ha. Digi Design didn't buy out M-Audio, Avid now owns M-Audio, as well as Digidesign. Its more of a partnership between the two (Digidesign & M-Audio).

This is very funny.

But I've come to this, and hopefully I'm right because it'll help his (the OP) case a little.

He never stated what version of Pro Tools he has, LE or M-Powered, and he doesn't know what interface he's using. I'm going to go with, he bought Pro Tools M-Powered since this doesn't come with an interface.

Don't know why, but it just bugs me when I see this, ha ha. Digi Design didn't buy out M-Audio, Avid now owns M-Audio, as well as Digidesign. Its more of a partnership between the two (Digidesign & M-Audio).

Yeah that's what I was thinking he went and got the M Powered then buy an M-Audio inferface. He seems not knowledgable on what he is doing.

Man you typed all that last line for nothing lol I know Avid and Digi Bought M Audio. I already said that, didn't need to throw Avid name in there.

If it's a cracked version... somewhere down the line he should've read that an MAudio or Digidesign interface is needed.

If he bought it from a store.. someone at the store should have increased their commission and sold him an MAudio or Digidesign interface.

If he bought it online.. the description should have told him he'll need to also buy an MAudio or Digidesign interface.

If a friend gave it to him.. he should've told him he'll need to buy an MAudio or Digidesign interface.

I think that covers almost every possible scenario. Anyway you look at it... it's a complete failure lol. But hey.. we all make mistakes. I used to think MIDI was software LMAO.

Last edited:
If it's a cracked version... somewhere down the line he should've read that an MAudio or Digidesign interface is needed.

If he bought it from a store.. someone at the store should have increased their commission and sold him an MAudio or Digidesign interface.

If he bought it online.. the description should have told him he'll need to also buy an MAudio or Digidesign interface.

If a friend gave it to him.. he should've told him he'll need to buy an MAudio or Digidesign interface.

I think that covers almost every possible scenario. Anyway you look at it... it's a complete failure lol. But hey.. we all make mistakes. I used to think MIDI was software LMAO.

LOL oh my gawd lol yall aint right lol

man I swear back in 94 I bought this computer off this guy so I could do my beats in the computer, that's when they did it as midi boxes. So I thought the sound went through the midi cables lol lmao ohhhhhhhhhh ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Yo the man that sold it to me aint tell me ISH! He just sold it to me and ran lol I am sitting home with the computer and nothing going through I was so mad it was crazy! lol No one would help me or nothing I ended up selling the computer lol I didn't know what the Eff I was doing lol

Yo black Tee check out how Cash got on homie then tried to sell him HIS MBox lol man I tell you this is hilarious lol

36_2_34.gif

Man I am in pure tears lol hahahahahhhhhh lol aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh lol call 911 lol

Yeah...I'm hustling. My Mbox is wrapped up in the closet. I'm rolling with the Tascam now.

im running pro tools 7 LE. When i installed it i chose no interface.... someone please help me with what to do, I came here for help not hostility

im running pro tools 7 LE. When i installed it i chose no interface.... someone please help me with what to do, I came here for help not hostility

Peace Punderr, I want you to ponder on this, please.

I have every version of PT from 6.4 to 7.4, and not once did it give me the option to chose not to have an interface. Digidesign has design PT to work with their interface and only theirs, they would never put that option with the installation of PT NEVER! You would have to show me a screen shot of that! Now You asked for help, I asked you which version of PT are you working with and I gave you the different types. You still didn't say which one, I gave you 6.4- 7.0- 7.2- 7.3 up to 7.4. Your answere was "Le". I didn't ask you that. You can't get help if you can't follow simple instructions bruh I am sorry but your issue need to be worked out with Digi and not here at FP. Call them up over the phone and have them work with you the whole step from installing to opening up PT to setting up Midi.

I am not being hostile but when a person ask me something and I ask back more info on what they are trying to convet and I get answers like yours I have to wonder.

Lets put it this way with the info I gave you PT will never work without an interface, plain and simple, Kapesh?

poor guy..yall ain't right..dude came to FP and caught the 'footinmouth' disease

just fukcin' admit it dog...

you heard ProTools was the "best"...

you downloaded a torrent of it...

you installed it...

you are relatively "new" to digital audio...

and you didn't know that YOU HAVE TO HAVE HARDWARE IN ORDER FOR PROTOOLS TO WORK...

now...with all that being said

STEP YOUR GAME UP AND GO BY A DIGIDESIGN HARDWARE INTERFACE or STFU

PROTOOLS DOES NOT WORK IF YOU DO NOT HAVE DIGI HARDWARE
I dont know how much more we can help you everyone has told you what to do!
I think he needs it spelled out.

Step 1: Look at your desk, do you see any digi hardware. If you do not have digi hardware, ProTools will not start.

Step 2: Get you car keys and get in your car. Dont forget your big stack of cash. You will need it.

Step 3. Go to your local Guitar Center.

Step4: Ask for the digi interface hardware section.

Step 5: Decide which interface is best for you.

Step 6: Tell the guy which one you want.

Step 7: ask what version of ProTools it comes with.

Step 8: ask what type of cables you will need.

Step 9: go to the cashier.

Step 10: pull out that bick stack of cash(yes it will hurt and you might cry)

Step 11: Pay the guy.

Step 12: Go back home.

Step 13: open up your goodies.

Step 14: THE MOST IMPORTANT STEP OF ALL!!!!!!!
READ THE MANUAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Step 15: Follow the directions on how to install and connect everything to your computer.

Step 16: Sit back and produce.

Feel free to add any steps i might have missed

Good luck!

Last edited:
Back