Thread: Installing VST's in Ableton

Matt Spencer is offline Registered User

Installing VST's in Ableton

Sign in to disable this ad
    Hi im trying to install Native Instruments FM8 synth into Ableton Live 7. I installed the synth to C:\Documents and Settings\Matt\My Documents\Ableton\Library\VstPlugins but when i go to Library > VstPlugins on Ableton nothing shows. Can anyone point me in the right direction on how to install the VST correctly? Thanks

Edit:You can lock this ive found out how
    Last edited by Matt Spencer; 12-16-2009 at 07:11 AM.

Intelx is offline Soldier Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Spencer View Post
    Hi im trying to install Native Instruments FM8 synth into Ableton Live 7. I installed the synth to C:\Documents and Settings\Matt\My Documents\Ableton\Library\VstPlugins but when i go to Library > VstPlugins on Ableton nothing shows. Can anyone point me in the right direction on how to install the VST correctly? Thanks

Edit:You can lock this ive found out how
    I'm having the same issue right now with certain plugins in Live 8 right now. Some insight would be appreciated.

Intelx
    "The light of the future cast the shadows of tomorrow"

krushing is offline Moderator
    Have you specified the custom plugin directory from Live's preferences?

THA_REAPER is offline What? Killin em!
    Quote Originally Posted by Intelx View Post
    I'm having the same issue right now with certain plugins in Live 8 right now. Some insight would be appreciated.

Intelx
    2nd post newbie ableton live question. I kinda do it a more complicated way but you'll be organized and it will help you in the long run.

You should not be installing vst plugins in the Ableton library. I say that because almost every update the library is also updated with different files even if its the exact same content. Well I have suite but still I wouldn't recommend installing plugins in that directory. You wouldnt want the installer/uninstaller to get rid of the whole folder.
    Originally Posted by DjPolair did you know lex luger doesn't use eq and mixing ? yall should focus on the damn beats instead of unimportant stuff, real talk

semontuffel is offline Registered User
    I think you should uninstall the synth first, after that try to install that one. For uninstall it I will recommend you to use revo uninstaller which is might be very useful for you. Hope, this info will be helpful for you.
    Last edited by semontuffel; 04-15-2013 at 04:29 AM.

Thread Information