I switched from FL to Reason 4

Xabiton said:
i guess im a proud newb then

Just commenting on the Self Respecting Studio Comment. I kind of agree that any self respecting studio wouldnt have FL or atleast not as their main rig. Because it isn't universal enough to work for everyone. Now I am simply talking about anyone who is renting out studio time. It is good for making beats and just making beats. Does anyone really record whole songs with vocals and stuff in FL? I can't think of anyone who does. Most self respecting studios will have Pro Tools, Logic, Cubase, or Sonar. Maybe even Audition but no FL, no Live, and they sure as hell aren't going to have Reason unless they are using it as a instrument for sessions with other vsts. These debates are dumb and whats worse is when someone gets offended. Its just a tool nothing more.

thats true and i fully understand what you're sayin... but when people say fl or reason all we are talking about is Beat production not vocal production, we were originally talking about reason and Fl studio... i dont know what other music studios have to do the equation in which he later brought up, i could care less what interscope or universal uses we are the producers meaning they will come to us for tracks not our programs if its hot its hot... im just being real and passing down what a wise person once said to me

and you're right the debates are dumb... but i dont understand why a chick has to be called a B** because i cant get none or she wont do me right, just find another chick instead of putting her/it down, and sayin knowone uses it anyway... theres other people who like it and uses it

i get a thousand messages everyday askin what version of fl i have, and where i get my sounds etc... and i always say its vst's, nothing special nothing you never heard of, just different vst's and i dont mind going out and paying for them

i used fruity loops 3 not too long ago and now im workin 5... i dont need to get 6 or 7 because im fine where i am everything doesnt have to be updated everytime somethin new comes out either you can produce or you cant i can make a track on any system and any board as long as i can record i dont care if i have to use a tape recorder in which thats what i use to do

Vdub said:
thats true and i fully understand what you're sayin... but when people say fl or reason all we are talking about is Beat production not vocal production, we were originally talking about reason and Fl studio... i dont know what other music studios have to do the equation in which he later brought up, i could care less what interscope or universal uses we are the producers meaning they will come to us for tracks not our programs if its hot its hot... im just being real and passing down what a wise person once said to me

and you're right the debates are dumb... but i dont understand why a chick has to be called a B** because i cant get none or she wont do me right, just find another chick instead of putting her/it down, and sayin knowone uses it anyway... theres other people who like it and uses it

i get a thousand messages everyday askin what version of fl i have, and where i get my sounds etc... and i always say its vst's, nothing special nothing you never heard of, just different vst's and i dont mind going out and paying for them

i used fruity loops 3 not too long ago and now im workin 5... i dont need to get 6 or 7 because im fine where i am everything doesnt have to be updated everytime somethin new comes out either you can produce or you cant i can make a track on any system and any board as long as i can record i dont care if i have to use a tape recorder in which thats what i use to do
take what is said by most on fp with a grain of salt. I will be the first person to say I dispise FL. I just dont like it. It has nothing to do with anything anyone has made in it because I like a lot of FL beats. I just dont like the software itself. Too many cats get emotional when people say FL was created to cater to the novice musician but the problem is that it really was created for people with no musical experience to easily get into music. A lot of experienced and talented people still use it tho. Use what you use and let that be the end of it kuz most rappers don't care a whole lot unless u are recording their vocals into something that they deem wack.

StreetSlang said:
Like I stated I don't care if you can make hot tracks on Floops, good for you, but don't tell me it isn't aimed at the novice producer.

I was gonna say some other stuff, but I had this amazing idea. Let me ask you something. This is a serious question. Who do you think Pro Tools "home" systems are aimed at? LOL. Now that's some food for thought right there. Not pros. They have real Pro Tools systems, not that M-Audio stuff with 20 tracks (if you're lucky) and a limited audio interface for a dongle. LOL. Nothing left but novices then. So there you go. Fruity Loops, and Industry standard Pro Tools M-series stuff both aimed at novices.

Xabiton said:
Too many cats get emotional when people say FL was created to cater to the novice musician but the problem is that it really was created for people with no musical experience to easily get into music.

That's no more true for FL than it is for any other audio software. What's made for people with no musical experience is stuff like Sequel, or Acid where you can mostly arrange loops that sync to tempo. FL does precisely everything that Cubase or Logic does. It's completely unlimited. A professional producer can use FL and get exactly everything done that they could do with Cubase short of stuff like Notation. And apparently, FL is not all that easy to learn as evidenced by the million FL questions around here.

Last edited:
to be honest fl studio is for novice users though... its so dam easy lol, theres a step by step easy sequencer, really you dont have to ask for technical support, anyone can pick it up and use it, its only downfalls-cant do vocal production, and you have to add extra sounds/fx (some vst's may use more cpu useage, but thats the vst problem not fl studio problem so neway)... its just under 200 bucks, it has pretty much unlimited tracks and just down right simple so i guess it is what it is easy so its for novice producers,

cause you have to add to it when others like logic and reason come with stuff...
WAIT
but wouldnt that make them for novice users cause aparantly they are easy to get with for yall and it comes with your little sounds
where so fl dont and you have to go out and work hard to mold it the way you want it... Yea cause it took a few years to get mine the way i want it... i have more sounds than i know what to do with and i know it backwards and forwards now,

LOL boi im sleepy, i go nap nap now

_SG_ said:
FL is fruity

Now is that a compliment or insult?

IMA BEAT YOU UP AND TAKE YA LUNCH MONEY!!!!

now i can go to sleep :cheers:

Last edited:
I've used many different sequencers before. Sonar, cubase, FL, ACID, Reason and a few more. Although I feel more comfortable with one than the other, I there's nothing I can do on one sequencer that I couldn't do on the other. People should stop asking and comparing which is the better. Just find the DAW you're comfortable with and stick to it. Simple as that. (I prefer FL)

EDIT: Oh, and FL isn't as easy for n00bs to learn as some people say it is. It took me almost a year to learn it.

Last edited:
dabeatdoctor1989 said:
Man outta here.lol j/p Trust me if your composing Reason is the way to go ,its just faster doing a beat in Reason than loading a bunch of vsts and you can also expand easily ,Fl Studio's Strong point is the Sampling engine ,where you can be flexible with samples and all that,but other than that Its ok some people freak the mess outta Fl Studio but if your composing i recommend Reason 4 ,cuz its low on cpu and Thor Crushes the majority of vst synths. I switched from Fl Studio after i messed with Reason and after that i didnt have to worry bout vsts ,cpu or crashes cuz Reason is that Program.

I like the sound of protools hybrid better then thor

L. A. Stone said:
FL is not all that easy to learn as evidenced by the million FL questions around here.

Maybe it's because like what Xabiton said.FL was make mostly
for
novice users so you will be getting so many questions.

These novice users will get so lost using Cubase and Sonar

^^^man that's a great point. I have had Sonar for 2 years and I still get lost sometimes. As far as what LA Stone said I think he is on point to an extent FL isn't so simple a caveman could do it and it also isn't one size fits all. Nothing in music is one size fits all that's why we have so many options out there. What I always find funny still is how people hold their gear/software so close to heart. Stop giving the software/hardware so much credit

Xabiton said:
i guess im a proud newb then

Just commenting on the Self Respecting Studio Comment. I kind of agree that any self respecting studio wouldnt have FL or atleast not as their main rig. Because it isn't universal enough to work for everyone. Now I am simply talking about anyone who is renting out studio time. It is good for making beats and just making beats. Does anyone really record whole songs with vocals and stuff in FL? I can't think of anyone who does. Most self respecting studios will have Pro Tools, Logic, Cubase, or Sonar. Maybe even Audition but no FL, no Live, and they sure as hell aren't going to have Reason unless they are using it as a instrument for sessions with other vsts. These debates are dumb and whats worse is when someone gets offended. Its just a tool nothing more.

Like I stated "they would have Reason in their production room" They would never have Floops as their main daw nor in their production room, what for?

LA Stone said:
I was gonna say some other stuff, but I had this amazing idea. Let me ask you something. This is a serious question. Who do you think Pro Tools "home" systems are aimed at? LOL. Now that's some food for thought right there. Not pros. They have real Pro Tools systems, not that M-Audio stuff with 20 tracks (if you're lucky) and a limited audio interface for a dongle. LOL. Nothing left but novices then. So there you go. Fruity Loops, and Industry standard Pro Tools M-series stuff both aimed at novices.

Don't confuse home or project studio with novice user.

vdub said:
to be honest fl studio is for novice users though

Finally a Flooper with Reason (pun intended). You got some hot tracks my nig keep it up.

L. A. Stone said:
FL is not all that easy to learn as evidenced by the million FL questions around here.

breal said:
Maybe it's because like what Xabiton said.FL was made mostlyfor novice users so you will be getting so many questions.

These novice users will get so lost using Cubase and Sonar

And there you have it.

^my comment wasn't directed at you. And I have seen many studios without Reason that put out good music. The self respecting studios are going to be universally easy to use for most people. FL is not for everyone and every project or style of music especially something that is vocal heavy. Not everyone thinks reason has great sounds some feel its the sh*t.

Well if it isnt ol X... i can smell you a mile away woke me out my dam sleep nig whats hapnin

thats whats up... man i was so sleep i didnt know what to do.... you know that sleepy that make you feel just drunk and down right wrong,

I've been that sleepy before lol. What I mean tho is that I work grave yard so I'm makin money and all I'm doin is listening to Blackstreet just woke up about an hour ago lol

I usually sneak in a nap here and there at night and sleep in the morning. Aint nothin like day time sleep. People tell me I'm crazy but I sleep best during the day when everyone is out at work lol. I get home at 9 and sleep till 2 or 3 and then back to the crates

dats whats up keep it up bro..

ill be back on in about 2 hrs, my girl commin by, oh dam dats her at the door
Peace

Last edited:
L. A. Stone said:

They can take they projects from home and tranfer them to the studio.
You can not do that with FL.

As long as they have DigiTranslator

Back