I switched from FL to Reason 4

yo my post clearly was targeting my copy of fl studio not fl studio in general u idiot...learn how to use contextual evidence to comprehend what the author's intent was...any noob can go into any program and make beats but doesnt mean they will be good so wtf do u care???...as i said idc if its entry level or w/e u wanna call it in order to make urself feel special but i dont need to hear ur beats to know that there are fl studio producers who r probably better than u unless ur kanye or something then in that case i will appologize...but since i dont c u being on his level or close for that matter i think ill just assume that there are fl studio producers that make better beats than u which proves its not the program...its the producer...stop hatin and go get some pussy...

Why does this debate reguarly come up. This arguement will never be won because there is no best. Reason's strength is in its sound bank, ease of use and flexible synths. Its easy to make sample based tracks in it but not as easy as say FL. FL's strength is quite the opposite. It can take anything u throw at it like a champ. Neither is better its all subjective on what u want and how you want to work. But to be real most real daws kill both of them easily.

StreetSlang said:
Smartest move you will ever make.

FL is for noobs. That is their target market. Don't believe anyone who says otherwise. Any self respecting studio has Reason and not Floops in their production room.

The sounds on Thor is crazy. I love how you can swap filters. I am tryin to recreate the sounds from my CS 80 from Arturia into Thor.

Scream is nasty on drums and on leads.

Couple Reason with a midi controller (keyboard and drum pad) and you are limitless with your creative potential.
there is an actual CS80 refill out there somewhere. i forget where i found it but I think i may have a copy of it. Its freeware.

yeah i agree, fl is for newbies, it looks like some cheap ass ****, if you compare it with reason lol, the first time i tried fl, i was like wtf? then with reason, i fits my needs, its alot better that some cheap ****, but o well what ever floats your boat

hustla4lyph said:
yo my post clearly was targeting my copy of fl studio not fl studio in general u idiot...learn how to use contextual evidence to comprehend what the author's intent was...any noob can go into any program and make beats but doesnt mean they will be good so wtf do u care???...as i said idc if its entry level or w/e u wanna call it in order to make urself feel special but i dont need to hear ur beats to know that there are fl studio producers who r probably better than u unless ur kanye or something then in that case i will appologize...but since i dont c u being on his level or close for that matter i think ill just assume that there are fl studio producers that make better beats than u which proves its not the program...its the producer...stop hatin and go get some pussy...

You are an idiot. Let me break it down for your slow ass.

I said Floops can be had for 100
You said "no it can't"
I showed a link proving otherwise
You said "I have the super duper deluxe noob edition."

You lost that argument move on.

How can you prove a Flooper can make better music than I without a comparison.

Anyone with a good ear can make hot tracks on a Casio SK1. Isn't it an entry level keyboard? Would you record at a studio with entry level products?

Floopers with a big man complex, graduate from your program and move on there are bigger and better products out there stop defending em with your life, Imageline ain't cuttin yall cheques.

Mainboi23SX said:
*This is a test only*

Reason is WAY better than FL Studio.

Suck a Big Toe :mad:!!!!!

i've used FL then, using it now, and im using it 2ma... and ill battle any nucka whether he uses pro tools cubase logic i dont care if he uses pro tools hd, me and my demo version of fl studio 4 will bang out any nucka... lol

boi yall sumtn else seriously
i've never seen so many emotions flowing through websites, maybe between husband and wife or a son and his mother for not washing dem dam dishes... but not through the text on a keyboard about a dam program

Last edited:
i have seen this so many times...over and over...those two programs are made to be rewired and work together...STOP TRYING TO MAKE REASON FIGHT FL STUDIO...use the two together and then post back on this thing...you can do everything in FL that you can do in reason...anyone aiming to dispute that is juz being nit pickiy...why dont you guys sit back and think about how great they work together

GIVE REASON VST SUPPORT!!!!!!!!....dont hate on FL....it does alot that reason doesnt

Last edited by a moderator:
I prefer reason by far, but neither imageline or propellerhead paying me 4 endorsements so its not that serious BUT in my experience, a lot of ppl don't respect fl at all

StreetSlang said:
Smartest move you will ever make.

FL is for noobs. That is their target market. Don't believe anyone who says otherwise. Any self respecting studio has Reason and not Floops in their production room.

The sounds on Thor is crazy. I love how you can swap filters. I am tryin to recreate the sounds from my CS 80 from Arturia into Thor.

Scream is nasty on drums and on leads.

Couple Reason with a midi controller (keyboard and drum pad) and you are limitless with your creative potential.

Show me something Reason can do that fruityloops cant....and then i will show you some ****....i think you are the noob

DealaMan said:
Show me something Reason can do that fruityloops cant....and then i will show you some ****....i think you are the noob

Can Floops stack instruments and play em on a single midi channel.

The routing in Reason is crazy for sound design and is simple to do just a matter of moving the cables to the ins of the effect/modulator.

Can you swap filters and oscillators in floops like Thor?

I always find it funny when floopers have VSTis that cost more than their program.

Besides Reason is an instrument at heart, Floops is a sequencer/DAW and should be compared to other DAWS like Protools, Logic, Cubase.

Tell me would you record at a studio with Floops as its DAW?

Floopers with a Big Man complex

StreetSlang said:
Can Floops stack instruments and play em on a single midi channel.

The routing in Reason is crazy for sound design and is simple to do just a matter of moving the cables to the ins of the effect/modulator.

Can you swap filters and oscillators in floops like Thor?

I always find it funny when floopers have VSTis that cost more than their program.

Besides Reason is an instrument at heart, Floops is a sequencer/DAW and should be compared to other DAWS like Protools, Logic, Cubase.

Tell me would you record at a studio with Floops as its DAW?

Floopers with a Big Man complex

its not what the program can do for the producer, its what the producer can do for the program, if you can manipulate a program feed it clothe it and shower it, it will treat you right, whether its adobe audiotion or pro tools hd...

i've heard people with $$$$$ studios that sound like ish... and they talk that same yin and yang you're talking, i hope you dont fall down the same category

me personally would choose fl studio over any program and i've used all of them, and to me fl studio is the best at beat making by far, if you add vocal sequencing/production to fl studio, it will be a tuff cookie

but its all in whats easier for the producer, who cares what other studios have

Last edited:
L. A. Stone said:
Only a novice would put Reason and workstation in the same sentence.

Remember the Reason Ads with the guy on a laptop and his "Workstation" keyboard in the garbage. Gee I wonder who they were aiming that for?

You've been lurking this thread for about an hour an that's the best you could come up with. :rolleyes:

Vdub said:
its not what the program can do for the producer, its what the producer can do for the program, if you can manipulate a program feed it clothe it and shower it, it will treat you right, whether its adobe audiotion or pro tools hd...

i've heard people with $$$$$ studios that sound like ish... and they talk that same yin and yang you're talking, i hope you dont fall down the same category

me personally would choose fl studio over any program and i've used all of them, and to me fl studio is the best at beat making by far, if you add vocal sequencing/production to fl studio, it will be a tuff cookie

but its all in whats easier for the producer, who cares what other studios have

Like I stated I don't care if you can make hot tracks on Floops, good for you, but don't tell me it isn't aimed at the novice producer.

i've always wondered something, I am a FL head for real but at times when I compare my final product to professional stuff my stuff sounds quiter and the professional stuff sounds louder and thicker. My friend who is also an FL user has the same prob. Whats up with that?

robel g said:
i've always wondered something, I am a FL head for real but at times when I compare my final product to professional stuff my stuff sounds quiter and the professional stuff sounds louder and thicker. My friend who is also an FL user has the same prob. Whats up with that?
I know alot of tymes thats cause of the way u mix it, i dono the quickest best way may be to use the multiband compressor but i may be wrong, i haven't been mixing that long. I still have more to learn and maybe u do too if u want fuller sounding beats. Fl has potential most of it's users never tap into, silly to say it's for the novice, a novice doesn't use it to it's full potential, a professional would. I would say someone else has a complex. This thread should be closed, useless arguments, everyone should be makin beats.

StreetSlang said:

Then why are you comparing them so emotionally in the first place? Why are you asking about things like being able to "swap filters and oscillators" in FL Studio, if you already know that the comparison is flawed? What's the point: helping someone, or just trying to justify your own chosen tools? Personally, I think it sure isn't about helping someone.

There are many stereotypes being thrown around, and unnecessary pigeonholing going on in this thread. For one, justifying the usefulness of a software tool by pointing at its price tag is one common beginner error, not just in music production but in general. In the end, all this bashing doesn't really aim to improve anything.

Last edited:
StreetSlang said:
Like I stated I don't care if you can make hot tracks on Floops, good for you, but don't tell me it isn't aimed at the novice producer.

i dont think anything is aimed for anyone, i think novice producers just choose to take the easy way out... but just like anything if you dont know what you're doing nothing good will come out of it....

fruity loops is just a piece of paper that comes with a pencil, you have to buy pens, paint, pastels, erasers, jiggly puffs, caligraphy and whatever other mess you want_
just cause Halley Berry poses for Maybelline doesnt mean everywoman has to go buy it, its called the bandwagon technique- she probably where something different

point being everytime you say "FL is for noobs. That is their target market. Don't believe anyone who says otherwise. Any self respecting studio has Reason and not Floops in their production room."

who are you to say what others have and what people should believe... how do you know that Dre hasnt been fruity loopin in his spare time... and even if he/they arent it doesnt mean people shouldnt use it and it doesnt mean its for "noob's" if you cant work it try some other method, but dont put it down and call a girl a B** because she wont give you none cause basically that what you're doin

im not tryin to get in ya feelins or nothin so dont get all mushy and emotional with me, im just sayin theres to sides to every story and it seems you got this one backwards

Last edited:
L. A. Stone said:
Only a novice would put Reason and workstation in the same sentence.
i guess im a proud newb then

Vdub said:
i dont think anything is aimed for anyone, i think novice producers just choose to take the easy way out... but just like anything if you dont know what you're doing nothing good will come out of it....

fruity loops is just a piece of paper that comes with a pencil, you have to buy pens, paint, pastels, erasers, jiggly puffs, caligraphy and whatever other mess you want_
just cause Halley Berry poses for Maybelline doesnt mean everywoman has to go buy it, its called the bandwagon technique- she probably where something different

point being everytime you say "FL is for noobs. That is their target market. Don't believe anyone who says otherwise. Any self respecting studio has Reason and not Floops in their production room."

who are you to say what others have and what people should believe... how do you know that Dre hasnt been fruity loopin in his spare time... and even if he/they arent it doesnt mean people shouldnt use it and it doesnt mean its for "noob's" if you cant work it try some other method, but dont put it down and call a girl a B** because she wont give you none cause basically that what you're doin

im not tryin to get in ya feelins or nothin so dont get all mushy and emotional with me, im just sayin theres to sides to every story and it seems you got this one backwards
Just commenting on the Self Respecting Studio Comment. I kind of agree that any self respecting studio wouldnt have FL or atleast not as their main rig. Because it isn't universal enough to work for everyone. Now I am simply talking about anyone who is renting out studio time. It is good for making beats and just making beats. Does anyone really record whole songs with vocals and stuff in FL? I can't think of anyone who does. Most self respecting studios will have Pro Tools, Logic, Cubase, or Sonar. Maybe even Audition but no FL, no Live, and they sure as hell aren't going to have Reason unless they are using it as a instrument for sessions with other vsts. These debates are dumb and whats worse is when someone gets offended. Its just a tool nothing more.

Last edited:
DealaMan said:
limitless routing!!!!!

dennisJ said:
It all depends on your setup too. For me I do a ton with VST plug-ins and midi sequencing so you can see how Reason (having no VST plug-in compatability, minus rewire) is not my choice. And also like many other producers/composers will tell you, the program is only as good as the user is with the program, so find what you like and what is easy for you.

But I guess my talking on Reason is outdated because I've only messed with Reason 2...... =)

Yea FL was my **** for years, but i really enjoy the work flow in reason it revived me i guess at the end of the day i was just getting bored and needed new scenery.

Dj Maranello said:
I know alot of tymes thats cause of the way u mix it, i dono the quickest best way may be to use the multiband compressor but i may be wrong, i haven't been mixing that long. I still have more to learn and maybe u do too if u want fuller sounding beats. Fl has potential most of it's users never tap into, silly to say it's for the novice, a novice doesn't use it to it's full potential, a professional would. I would say someone else has a complex. This thread should be closed, useless arguments, everyone should be makin beats.
yeah mix has to do with it but the most part is the sounds your using ,make sure you always got good sounds no matter what program you use ,by that you'll have most of the battle won and all you have to do is add compression ,eq if needed and reverb for ambience ,if used correctly the sounds will be full ,shoot thats all i do.lol only time im layering is with synth sounds and thats cuz i want interesting sounds.

rtlogan513 said:
Yea FL was my **** for years, but i really enjoy the work flow in reason it revived me i guess at the end of the day i was just getting bored and needed new scenery.
Thats one of the reasons i couldnt work in Fl cuz it bored the mess out of me ,and i couldnt get excited in it at all.lol so i switched to the first tool i ever used(Reason) and it was all crazy from then on ,but i use Fl for samples tho cuz FL is the best with samples and another big reason i couldnt mess with fl was that you have to collect vsts and the it would run my cpu too high.

Back