I declare record!!!

Cv routing to me is the reason's best feature in reason becaus that's where all the crazy effects come from. You take a strings form teh nnxt route to the thor, cv the filters apply thor's filter on the strings combine with a delay and light reverb then combine that with a malstrom synth and subtractor bass and come up with a totally new sound.

I love using the R + R combo together. I don't trip about any VST's because Reason was my only real ReWire when I was using FL, but I was mad I couldn't track out Reason all that easily then. With Record, I've forced myself to stay under the Props umbrella and learn EVERYTHING about program so I can maximize its potential. I haven't really opened up Pro-Tools at all since I got it. I still have a ways to go before I learn everything. I have a lot of the ReFills too, including the Sonic Reality Ultra Hip-Hop refill, the Reason Electric Bass, Soul School, Reason Drums 2.0, the Sounds in HD Drums are PHENOMENAL as well. If they bundled in the ReCycle functionality with the ability to sample directly into it, then that would be super dope. All in all, I'm happy with using it thus far.

Cv routing to me is the reason's best feature in reason becaus that's where all the crazy effects come from. You take a strings form teh nnxt route to the thor, cv the filters apply thor's filter on the strings combine with a delay and light reverb then combine that with a malstrom synth and subtractor bass and come up with a totally new sound.

See :bigeyes: that's hot, that's sick, that's off the chain lol :rofl:

Yo man that's dope because cats out here in NYC love new sounds that's where it's at and I was doing that same thing but manually, now that will do it for me. That's so hot. With the combinator things will just get SICKER huh?

yeah really that is the beauty of reason/record. using the CV you can easily modulate parameters on various devices from one place. although malstrom is my favourite synth i usually end up routing it through thor as well just to take advantage of the filters which i prefer. using lfos and modulators on certain devices to control features of another is a huge advantage to reason/record.

ps i just discovered the new feature in record by pressing L. usually in reason when you pressed L it would hide all your cables and you'd only be left with little colour coded dots over the inputs/outputs. but now they give you options; hide all cables (same as reason 4), hide everything but current device and hide autorouted cables. the good thing about the last two is that the wires become transparent. i know it's just a small thing but it can really help when you're dealing with complex routing operations.

I love using the R + R combo together. I don't trip about any VST's because Reason was my only real ReWire when I was using FL, but I was mad I couldn't track out Reason all that easily then. With Record, I've forced myself to stay under the Props umbrella and learn EVERYTHING about program so I can maximize its potential. I haven't really opened up Pro-Tools at all since I got it. I still have a ways to go before I learn everything. I have a lot of the ReFills too, including the Sonic Reality Ultra Hip-Hop refill, the Reason Electric Bass, Soul School, Reason Drums 2.0, the Sounds in HD Drums are PHENOMENAL as well. If they bundled in the ReCycle functionality with the ability to sample directly into it, then that would be super dope. All in all, I'm happy with using it thus far.

:bigeyes: HD, "WHATCHU TALKIN BOUT WILLIS? LOL
Yeah I got that Soul School joint also. You're saying Reason Drums 2.0 is in HD? Explain that one to me brother.

Oh you can forget about it lol They are keeping Recycle separate, it's all about Marketing, so just do what you do. Kong is going to do all that for you, sample all that just get Reason 5 that should hold you until they come with 2.0 Record. RnR is dope yes you are right about that.
Man another person that hasn't open up PT huh? LOL :rofl:

Yeah bro I never complain until I come here and hear all the complaints. I just take it and use it.

Well for me if a client wanted their stuff in a PT file, I can easily bounce all simultaneously all the tracks even with effects or not and it makes up it's own folder on the desk top. close out. Open PT drag and drop one two three and it's done. when you want to export out as a stereo track in wav, it does it in seconds, not wait in realtime. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THAT FEATURE TO DEATH!
RNR is my ALL IN ALL and you're right why trip about VST's, Record has all what you need.

:bigeyes: HD, "WHATCHU TALKIN BOUT WILLIS? LOL
Yeah I got that Soul School joint also. You're saying Reason Drums 2.0 is in HD? Explain that one to me brother.

Oh you can forget about it lol They are keeping Recycle separate, it's all about Marketing, so just do what you do. Kong is going to do all that for you, sample all that just get Reason 5 that should hold you until they come with 2.0 Record. RnR is dope yes you are right about that.
Man another person that hasn't open up PT huh? LOL :rofl:

Yeah bro I never complain until I come here and hear all the complaints. I just take it and use it.

Well for me if a client wanted their stuff in a PT file, I can easily bounce all simultaneously all the tracks even with effects or not and it makes up it's own folder on the desk top. close out. Open PT drag and drop one two three and it's done. when you want to export out as a stereo track in wav, it does it in seconds, not wait in realtime. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THAT FEATURE TO DEATH!
RNR is my ALL IN ALL and you're right why trip about VST's, Record has all what you need.

LOL no...the bundle is called Sounds in HD. Go to their website: www.soundsinhd.com

I'm sayin tho, with the advent of the new features that have been included in the 5 upgrade, sampling and autotune and basically an MPC killer included with Kong, there should be no more excuses. No latency, super stable, you have sampling, you have a fire sequencer, you have recording,you have mixing, you have endless sound design capabilities. What else is needed? Free refills! Cheap quality refills! I'm tellin ya, this stuff is about to inspire a culture within itself.

yeah really that is the beauty of reason/record. using the CV you can easily modulate parameters on various devices from one place. although malstrom is my favourite synth i usually end up routing it through thor as well just to take advantage of the filters which i prefer. using lfos and modulators on certain devices to control features of another is a huge advantage to reason/record.

ps i just discovered the new feature in record by pressing L. usually in reason when you pressed L it would hide all your cables and you'd only be left with little colour coded dots over the inputs/outputs. but now they give you options; hide all cables (same as reason 4), hide everything but current device and hide autorouted cables. the good thing about the last two is that the wires become transparent. i know it's just a small thing but it can really help when you're dealing with complex routing operations.

s5wbuq.jpg

See this is why I love to talk about what RNR can do instead of what it CAN'T DO OR DON'T HAVE! That lil gem you drop Terror is worth a million bucks! Thanks for sharing that, that's real cool, we get to share and help one another, this is real cool, like Mr Gibbs said "GOOD VIBES".

Here's one if peeps don't know if you hit F11 it makes Record disappear so you can go to the desk top and hit it again and it will come back. I love this key command because I have two screens. Say it Terror thanks for the gem bro.

---------- Post added at 03:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:25 AM ----------

I'm sayin tho, with the advent of the new features that have been included in the 5 upgrade, sampling and autotune and basically an MPC killer included with Kong, there should be no more excuses. No latency, super stable, you have sampling, you have a fire sequencer, you have recording,you have mixing, you have endless sound design capabilities. What else is needed? Free refills! Cheap quality refills! I'm tellin ya, this stuff is about to inspire a culture within itself.

rr4dmq.jpg

What you just said was inspiring within it's self. That's a real good look, peeps should read what you just said and take a lonnnnngggg think about it. MPC killer? :bigeyes: :rofl: Mr Gibbs must of hit it on the head when he said that.

DID YOU SAY NO LATENCY? :bigeyes: LOL Exactly, so I am not the only one that notices that, yet I was told i was giving misinformation, see funny thing is I can prove there are no latency issues, and that's what we mean. don't have to prove it now you just backed me up with that, if a person really had RNR they would know that. lol

To add on to what you said to be specific, in a minute we will have what was already out there in one package without buying extra vst's and vsti's. Why would I purchase anything for PT when Props is coming with all I need in RNR? I will have all I need for less money. Don't people see Props has given us mad refills, combinators, sampling, etc that's your Vsti's and they are coming with more. They are giving us Neptune/Autotune, reverbs, compressors, hot SSL 9000k, new Doc Oct, etc that's your Vst's. If people don't see what Props is doing then I just feel sorry for them. Like you said, what else do I need? if they add midi out, FORGET ABOUT IT, IT'S A WRAP!

The sequencer is the bomb that's what got me when I first got Reason. it was like the MPC I couldn't make beats in PT their sequencer is off just like their midi was not great until 8.0, to late I got record. I love that Sequencer. I'm like this, I like to produce in one place I don't like having 4 and 8 Daws and programs, I use to rock on my MPc and that was it. When I got PT I thought I could take it to another level, not! So I tried Reason and loved it and got Record and I am really loving it. Why am I going to buy Live, Sonar, FL, Nuendo, Logic, Cubase etc? When I got one dope joint already, and I love the SSL 9000K and none of them have that! NOT ONE! Props has the best mixer that comes with the software where you don't have to buy it separate. See I was smart not to buy all that stuff, now dudes are made cause they see all this in RNR and are mad lol :rofl: This is the beauty of RNR. :cheers:

Yeah buddy if MIDI out ever comes this way...

Yeah I hope midi does come not for me though because I don't need it, but for the people who can prosper off it. That would be a good look. I only have to spend $129 for the new upgrade and get all that stuff? Man forget other programs, I aint purchasing no SSL by Waves nor Sony Oxford, what that cost like $499 or $599? That's all you get too? No sequencer, no reverbs....... man I wouldn't be dead caught doing that. RnR is like a life saver, if dudes wanna spend that type of money go right ahead. RnR is a sweet deal. I have the whole EastWest Composers Collection, man If I can't make music with what I got, I need to get out of the dam business. I aint buying no more stuff for PT and I am going to use it only to make beats with the MPC and that's all the luv it's going to get. My concentration is on RnR and Props and help them to develop more things for us as I support them.

Last edited:
so how does ReWire work w/ RnR?

RnR combine as one slave?
Reason and Record become one program. Basically Reason is inserted into Record and you are not using 2 programs but rather just Record with Reason's features inside of it as well as its own. Think of Reason kinda like an add on for Record when you work this way. If your Reason is legit you should go download the demo for Record and youll see exactly what I mean

i already own Record...just trying to plan how i'm gonna use it...as far as ReWiring is concerned...

What up F or Dear how you?

Well, RnR works as an INTEGRATION joining of one. Lets say I have a Reason session but I wanna enjoy the SSL 9000K of Record. I just open Record, then go to open and open that Reason Session press open and your Reason session is now in Record flawlessly.

Now being I never used nor want to use rewire, it will be used just as it was used in Reason. Only this time you are using your Reason in Record and Record is used as a rewire into your favorite DAW that's it. So Record can utilize rewire with your Reason session n it.

Oh one more thing, when you open up a Reason session in Record, say if you have 10 tracks in the Reason session they will all open up on one channel in Record so you may want to separate the 10 tracks so they can have their own separate channels, that's if you want to.

Last edited:
I guess there is no reason to avoid getting RECORD. It's got a decent enough price tag on it.

I guess there is no reason to avoid getting RECORD. It's got a decent enough price tag on it.

Well, if one need it like I do, yeah might as well get it. If you got something that is working for you, then stay with that. I am coming from my MPC over to Software so it's no brainer for me to use it. I don't have Live, Cubase, Sonar etc. I have Cubase on my PC working these effects that can't work on a Mac but that's about all I don't use Cubase to record or edit. So being I see what Props is doing and it's only going to get better I will stick with this. No need for having 5 Daws. I just need one stable one and Record is it, for me, hands down!

I just need one stable one and Record is it, for me, hands down!

word...

it's TOTALLY about stability, work-flow, AND comfort...

---------- Post added at 06:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:33 PM ----------

I am asking the mods if one gets out of hand please don’t delete the thread, handle the person, the thread shouldn’t suffer because of someone else wants to argue

that's actually a really good point...

---------- Post added at 06:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:00 PM ----------

good post!

New Atlantis is HOT!

their "Nightshift" library sounds ILL.

---------- Post added at 06:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:26 PM ----------

the Sounds in HD Drums are PHENOMENAL

what's so hot about those?? what's the big deal?

word...

good post!

New Atlantis is HOT!

their "Nightshift" library sounds ILL.

Deaf you need to sell that jjoint as a slogan.

:rofl: that joint is on the money lol That's what it's all about for me.

Yo there are some HOT, SICK, OFF THE CHAIN refills on the market, it's bananas and that is one. Ambient Drums is another joint, whewwwwwwwwww! Oh and there are a bunnnnnnnnnnnnnnnccccccccchhhhhhhhh of free refills! it's bananas

Back