Help...trying to repeat my midi tracks in Cubase

3R1C 8

So, I record a midi track into cubase. The first four kicks in my song. I want to make 32 continuous beats out of those 4 that I laid out. My understanding is to use the repeat function under the structure menu. When I do that there is a gap between every 4 beats. What's an easier, faster way to do this so I can lay out my beats continuously. Thanx!!

ok, heres the best way, sorry if you already know some of this.

the left and right locators are your most important tools for focusing on bars / loops and sections of your song.

make a new midi track and assign it to your instrument / device etc.

you need to drag the left and right locators around lets say... a 1 bar loop. when you got your left /right locators in place double click in between them to create a part.

double click on the part to view the part in key edit mode (ctrl+E) then start clicking in your four kick drums.

once your kick drums are in, close the part. Then use the repeat function (CTRL+K), type in 31 into the amount box, hit ok and there ya go!

When repeating I tend to use ghost copies, dunno why just habbit i picked up whilst using cubase on the atari ST for years when huge amounts of memory was unheard of.

I hope you understood that, if not then i will re-explain with screenshots of each process.

fluxtah

Hey thanx! I'll try that when I get off work tonight. If you want to post the screenshots you can but I'm pretty sure I understand.
Also another thing that came up was every time I record a midi track now I hear this annoying default piano or something playing over my sound. It wasn't doing that at first and I don't know what I changed to make it do that. What do I need to do to get that off?
Thanx again for the help!!

-ericb

ok, does the sound hit on every beat? it could be that you have the metronome turned on, very handy for banging in choonage live, to change the metronome you can modify its settings by going to options>metronome or simply turn it off and on by using the click button on the floating transport control panel.

fluxtah

Back