Help with ableton live instruments

Paulnel

Hey guys, I've always been a pro tools guy (recording and audio sort of stuff) and just recently I got ableton so that I could spice it up a bit, throw some midi and sampling into my projects.

All seems good and well except for the fact that I face tremendous amounts of trouble simply editing the instruments. Specifically, editing the sample seems to do nothing. I remember using ableton at uni and the sample could be edited to no end.

Below I have attatched a picture. That picture is what I currently have running in ableton live as I type. As you can see I've messed with a whole ton of the settings (detune is at - 32 for example) yet it does nothing. I can **** with the settings all I want but it has no effect when I hit the note on the midi controller. All I really want to be able to do is change where the loop ends and add more of a crossfade to the sample when it repeats. I ended up though just ****ing with every single control on that "sample" panel just to see if I could get it to do anything. I even changed the actual sample itself (where it says "dark thought C5) yet nothing happened? Is there some button I haven't pressed or some simple mechanism to get the sample tab to activate and react properly? All the other tabs like pitch and oscillation work fine, it only seems to be the sample tab that isn't doing anything.

Please help :(

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-10-24 at 12.22.57 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-10-24 at 12.22.57 PM.png
    155.4 KB · Views: 687
Last edited:
What's happening in the zone tab? Maybe there are just multiple samples in the patch and you're only changing one of them...

Back