Getting Plugins To PLUG IN!

toddj

Ok I know that all you PC users are laughing at me but, as a Mac user who has recently taken on the daunting task of proficiently using my new PC, I was wondering how to control which programs recognize my VST and DX plugins.

I have had some dumb luck with this in the two following ways 1) With Fruity I install new VSTs into the VST folder (Duh)
2) With DX stuff I just install it and Soundforge has just found it (Huh?)

Here are my problems/questions: 1) I want to use t-racks and I install it but Soundforge doesn't show it in the effects list, HELP! 2) What do I do if I want to use VSTs with two programs like Fruity and Cubase? Do I have to install twice or is there a more logical way? 3) What file is a program like fruity recognizing when it looks for VSTs? is it the program itself or a .dll file or something?

I hope this makes some sense, go easy on me, and THANKS!

Here's my best guess at the answers:

1.) I though T-Racks was a standalone program rather then a VST plugin? In which case you wont be able to load it.
2.)I know in Fruityloops you can specify an extra folder for it to look for VST plugins in. So you could always install all your VST plugins in your Cubase VST plugins folder and tell fruity to look there. (It's in the general settings somewhere).
3.)You're right - it's the .dll
Most of the time you can just copy this .dll into the plugins folder and fruity will find it.

Hope this helps.

I have tracks, and yes it is a standalone application. If Fruity doesnt pick up the plugin then search for it through the settings and directorys. If it still doesnt, then reinstall the plugin.

Thanks for the replies!
I should be able to figure it out form there.
When I opened T-Racks my gut feeling was that it was stand alone, but when I tried to open a file it wasn't immediately obvious how to do this. Given, I spent about a minute trying but is there some trick to this? I'll give it another shot tonight.

After a little searching I found the mistical OPEN button! Feeling a bit slooow over here. Great program btw!

Last edited:
Back