Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Getting clean chops in Recycle.

StylesAndFlavor is offline Registered User
    Thanks

Getting clean chops in Recycle.

Sign in to disable this ad
    Its been hit or miss for me, somtimes my chops are good and sometimes they dont line up.

How do yall get good exact chops in recycle. Lately ive been getting dope samples but when I go to make the beat the snares and such arent lining up and Im doing the best I can just free handing the chops in Recycle.

Any specific way you guys get good exact chops in recycle?

B Side Producer is offline Registered User
    Thanks
    Not lining up is mostly a problem of timing. Starting off with a perfect 4, 8, or 16 bar loop saves you a lot of problems. Then with that loop, zoom in a lot and chop where the wave crosses the 0db line. Forgot the exact term of that point.

hollandturbine is offline Registered User
    Thanks
    The two most common causes of misalignment are 1. the timing of the source material and 2. attributing an incorrect tempo to the source material.

Xabiton is offline Belly Flop King
    Thanks

Thanks
    Even for drumloops it get's fuzzy sometimes. Depend on how clear and/or difficult your drum loops are. Cutting manually is imo the best way.

Thanks
    What I do first is find out the tempo and the correct corresponding length of the loop which is half the battle because if the two values (BPM and length) are mismatched the beats will be skewed. Once I have a proper loop I can then check it against the grid in ReCycle, which will give me an accurate indication of the original timing, if the timing is all over the place I can then take the appropriate action.

Thanks
    Sounds like it's going alright. Then just practice. Don't use the auto slice though.

Thanks
    I chop all my stuff manually. It gets frustrating when I got something good but the snares arent lining up but Im doing the best I can. Sometimes Its goes just right other times it just wont match up no matter how many times I go back and try. I do most of my chops in 4 or 8 bars unless Im going random dj premier style chops.

I feel like sometimes its a more of the source being not exactly on point rather than my chops.

---------- Post added at 09:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:35 AM ----------

I feel like im probably skipping steps in chopping though. I just load up a song and get to chopping, hit preview type in 4, take the stretch off and then save.

Are there other things I should be doing every time I chop?

I appreciate all the responses.

Thanks
    If your slices are long enough to retain any portion of the original tempo then you must accurately match the tempo to your project or it will not line up.

BPM and length are inseparable values, if you get one value wrong you also get the other value wrong, so if your length is wrong ReCycle will also give you the wrong tempo based on the wrong length you have selected between the two locators, and the end result will be a sample that will be skewed in relation to your project's tempo.

If your sample's transients don't line up with the ReCycle grid and you know you have both the correct tempo and corresponding length, then it's not going to line up with your project grid and it can be assumed that the original timing is not at all perfect, this is why it's important to know how to accuracy detect a tempo and make a proper loop (as opposed to dragging two locators around until shit sounds like it's looping properly when it's not because you have no point of reference other than what you are messing with) now there are ways to pull shit into line but it helps if you understand why shit works the way it does first.

I can teach you the most accurate techniques for determining a songs tempo as well as teach you how to make a proper loop, that is if your not afraid of some basic math.

Thanks
    Im more than happy to learn man. Id appreciate it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information